Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Indirect Method

Options
Daddio
Daddio Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have seen several references to fire brick and using foil, and the stone while cooking indirect. Could you fine folks please clarify?
I have looked through the web site, but only words, no pictures. I need pictures!

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    11_25_9906_24_03_small.jpg
    <p />Daddio, for pictures, check out the link. While visiting please feel free to wander through the rest of my BBQ web site - in the links section, you'll also find a link to Tim M's BBQ site - more pictures.[p]Link to Tim M's Indirect setup-> http://www.tm52.com/bge/bbq-page3.htm[p]Good luck and Happy 4th

[ul][li]Firebricks[/ul]
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Daddio,[p]The indirect method is cooking with a "mass" placed between the fire and meal, insulating the meal from exposure to the direct heat. The "mass" can be as simple as an empty drip pan to a layered firebrick/pizza stone setup to create a hearth oven. Generally, the lower the cooking temp, the less substantial the "mass" needs to be.[p]A foil covering on top is often used to catch any drips/splashes to make cleanup easier.[p]Sorry no pics :-{.[p]Spin