Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Everwarm lump?

Options
njl
njl Posts: 1,123
My local dealer who's been carrying Chigger Creek lump (my current favorite) has been out of stock on Chigger for the past couple weeks.  They've got something apparently fairly new called Everwarm.  Anyone tried this yet?  I was kind of surprised to not find mention of this brand in the Naked Whiz reviews / lump database.

Comments

• njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    Don't bother with Everwarm.  First thing that worried me when I got to the shop was "Made in Mexico"...which is not necessarily a bad thing, but made me worry it could be mesquite, which has a flavor we don't appreciate.  The bag doesn't say what it is beyond "hard wood".

I opened a bag, and started digging.  It looks like mesquite to me.  A few really large chunks, but then mostly very small stuff.  Also a fair amount of non-charcoalized twigs with pretty serious spikes.  While digging, one actually got one of my fingers and drew blood.

There's also a fair amount of plastic string, and the oddest thing I've found yet in a bag of lump, a hair band that looks like it's been cooked.

I got this 16lb. bag for free...and I'm more likely to return it than cook with it.

If you like mesquite flavor and don't mind sorting out the trash (while wearing heavy gloves) or cooking over mystery fuel, it may be your cup of tea.  Not mine.