Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grove Charcoal fans...

Have you noticed any significant price increases at your lump charcoal sources? I know a retailer who is considering stocking it, but was quoted per bag for about what I was getting it for retail.
Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
·

Comments

• KruegsKruegs Posts: 124

I'll be stopping in the next few days to buy a few bags and let you know.

XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin
    ·
  • troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 455
    Found a 20 lb bag at a local hardware store -- 20.99. Last year the same size bag was 13.99. It's good stuff, but I'll find Weekend Warrior for close to 20.99.
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
    ·
  • JellywormJellyworm Posts: 40
    Costco has 34# Stubs lump for $16.97. I am on my 4th bag as I really like it.
    Large BGE
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,246
    Can't find it around here.  Saw a trailer of it at Brat Days in Sheboygan last year and I wanted to steal it :) 

Does anyone find it anywhere except that area?

·
    If you have access to a Piggly Wiggly, they'll either have it, or can order it for you.
    ·
  • horsefleshhorseflesh Posts: 204
    Jellyworm, can you get the SKU from your Costco receipt?
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,714
    edited April 2013

I'm getting 20# bags of Grove for $12.95.  About a year ago it was $12.50.  Can't complain.
    I haven't used any other lump for years...love this stuff...
    I get mine from a local restaurant supply store.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
    That's the thing.  It's fantastic stuff, and I was getting it for $13.99.  However, if it's significantly going up in price, well, I can get Weekend Warrior for close to those prices.
    ·
  • lwrehmlwrehm Posts: 190
    About 5 minutes ago I picked up a 20 lb bag of Grove at the Pig in Oostburg, WI (about 6 miles from Grove's home base in Cedar Grove, WI, $15.29.  The Ace Hardware store might be a buck or two less.  Buddy of mine's dad owns Grove Charcoal, here and there I will get a couple of free bags, usually torn bags sometimes partials, but hey free is free.
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,125
    Jellyworm said:
    Costco has 34# Stubs lump for $16.97. I am on my 4th bag as I really like it.
    + 1

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • KruegsKruegs Posts: 124
    Just bought a few bags at Piggly Wiggly in De Pere Wisconsin tonight for 12.95 per 20# bag.
    XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,714
    lwrehm said:
      Buddy of mine's dad owns Grove Charcoal, here and there I will get a couple of free bags, usually torn bags sometimes partials, but hey free is free.
    Good friend to have!  I'd take torn bags all day long.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • bcsnavebcsnave Posts: 672
    Grove Hardwood is available at Piggly Wiggly for $12.95 ..just grabbed 5 bags to stock up for winter

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 5,846
    bcsnave said:
    Grove Hardwood is available at Piggly Wiggly for $12.95 ..just grabbed 5 bags to stock up for winter
    Where do you live? I'd like to know of a place with a 1 month winter. :)

My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA
    XL BGE - S BGE - Blackstone Pizza Oven - 30" Steel Fire Pit w/Cooking Grid - Hasty Bake Legacy - KJ Jr - Gasser
    ·
    Just started stocking up before they run out

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

Glenbeulah, WI

·
  • lwrehmlwrehm Posts: 190

I'm lucky, I don't have to "stock" up, Grove is available year round...even in winter when outside temp is hovering in the single digits.

·
    I only live 26 miles away from Cedar Grove Wisconsin...so I should be able to get it..but the Pig doesn't carry it in winter.

Glenbeulah, WI

·