Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Blackened Chicken and Grilled Pineapple

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,198
Grilled the chicken until they hit 157 deg f before the rest, then threw on the pineapple. Chicken was diced up and served on top of a Cobb Salad. Good stuff! :)
2014 Co-Wing King
image.jpg 973.4K
·

Comments

• rholtrholt Posts: 368
    Wow. You weren't kidding about being blackened. Looks a little on the charred side but who knows. Probably really juicy.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,905
    =P~ Two of my favorite things! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,449
    Tasty! I like to sprinkle brown sugar and cayenne on pineapple before grilling. Great if you like sweet heat.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    Mmmm grilled pineapple.  Pineapple is my one bad addiction and when it's grilled even more so!   
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,731
    I soaked some pineapple in dark spiced rum with a bit of vanilla extract and brown sugar. Then grilled and put on vanilla bean ice cream. Tasty stuff
    Boom
    ·
  • nashbamanashbama Posts: 102
    I made something similar a few nights ago. I had some pineapple slices, pork chops, and Polynesian sauce from Chic-fil-A. Seared the chops on high heat, then lowered the temp and brushed on the sauce. After it formed a caramelized glaze, I grilled the pineapple slices and drizzled a little more sauce on them.

Quick and easy, turned out great.
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,198
    Thx!

@rholt, my wife has a blackening rub she makes that we use once per week on blackened chicken salads. Good stuff. It does get dark though. :) It has a bit of sugar in it. I was also using the CI grid. Very juicy and it tastes great. :) The pic also made it appear more dark than it actually was.

@nashbama, that looks great!!
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • rholtrholt Posts: 368
    Cool man. I figured as much.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,319
    Dyal_SC said:
    Thx! @rholt, my wife has a blackening rub she makes that we use once per week on blackened chicken salads. Good stuff. It does get dark though. :) It has a bit of sugar in it. I was also using the CI grid. Very juicy and it tastes great. :) The pic also made it appear more dark than it actually was. @nashbama, that looks great!!
    Nice, love blackened chicken and fish. Care to ask her to share her blackening rub? 
    Nice looking cook, 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    yea that's how I like a salad!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,246
    That and blackened chicken pasta alfredo is the BEST  for leftovers.
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    I would also like your wife's recipe for the blackened rub. Looks awesome dyal!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,198
    She said that she just throws it together....but she always uses paprika and sugar for blackening purposes. I think she's holdin' back!! Stubborn woman.... ;)
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • I dig that you used fresh pineapple.  That is a great looking cook.
    ·