Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New diet starts tomorrow ...

Options
double
double Posts: 1,214
So tomorrow we start a Gut diet... Basically a combo of the primal and paleo diets. This should be VERY interesting. Going to try and implement as much as possible on the egg. Anyone else done or doing?
Lynnwood WA

Comments

• rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    it is not as bad as you think, it was pretty easy to fall into.
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    Options
    Hell no... I'm fat and Obama and Bloomberg can kiss my fat ass! Oh, oh... Erase that comment, I promised not to offend anyone on this site. I know 47% of your are going to hate me....
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited April 2013
    Options
    HogHeaven said:

Hell no... I'm fat and Obama and Bloomberg can kiss my fat ass! Oh, oh... Erase that comment, I promised not to offend anyone on this site. I know 47% of your are going to hate me....

I didn't know you were such a big Obama supporter. This is evident because Romney received 47% of the popular vote while Obama received 51.1%.

Try and keep politics of the forum. It has nothing to do with BBQ or the Egg and is the fastest way to lose friends, next to religion.
  • Browninggold
    Options
    One good thing...tomorrow never comes
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    double said:
    So tomorrow we start a Gut diet... Basically a combo of the primal and paleo diets. This should be VERY interesting. Going to try and implement as much as possible on the egg. Anyone else done or doing it?

We have been on a paleo/wheat belly diet for the last 14 months. Easiest way is to go cold turkey. Clean out the pantry and frig, donate what you can and throw the rest away.  I use coconut and almond flour in place of wheat flour. Your mileage may vary but it has worked well for me. Watch the carbs in beer, 2 can max out my carbs for one day. Good luck.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I'm on thge primal per Doc's orders. Sort of eased into it the first week as I was reading up on what I could and could not eat. Last week, I fully committed to it. Haven't had bread, grain, rice, potatoes, corn or other starchy veggies or processed foods in over a week. No sodas either. Started week 2 today. It hasn't been as hard as I thought, although I have had a some cravings for a burger that just a patty by itself didn't quite meet. Do what @egger_ave said and give away what you can and toss the rest. Good luck.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    Been at it for about 15 months.  I'm not 100% as I still eat cheese, butter and Greek yogurt.  But this is what I've settled into and this modification has made it easier for me to stay compliant.

My thing is pizza, it's on my mind alot.  Sort of like the first 5 years after I quit smoking. I do cheat.  Occasions with friends mostly.  I still trip and fall every once in awhile have an unplanned oops, but they key is getting right back on track.

Paleohacks.com is pretty helpful..as long as you understand that your plan is your plan.  People seem to get pretty judgey about other people's choices.  But there's lot of information there.  Marks Daily Apple i and Fathead the Movie are also pretty great.  Best of luck, it really is amazing.  

It's how I live...forever.  Not a diet for me.