Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lowered grid and pork sirloin

doubledouble Posts: 1,214
Had picked up some pork sirloins from Costco a whilst back planned to cook them whole but got in late. Sliced them into steaks rubbed with some no salt seasoning and balsamic glaze. I also had the brilliant ( if I say so myself) idea to flip over my BGE raised grid and then put in the smaller grid it lowered right down onto the coals.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Lynnwood WA
·

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,561
    What is in your glaze? 
    Looks like a nice meal, I prefer sirloin to the "loin" chop. 
    Ialso do them slow, but by the color you nailed this. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    It's a new line at trader joes balsamic glaze in a bottle ready to go its pretty awesome. I was pleasantly surprised by how they turned out. Pulled at 140 on the Tpen
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,300
    edited April 2013
    oh man, there are two ideas I wish I thought of.......oh wait..........lol

if that is the porcelain grid, you need to be careful not to overheat the porcelain.  I bubbled (melted) the porcelain early on doing the exact same thing in the large.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • dpittarddpittard Posts: 126
    Sorry this is slightly off topic, but what is the name of the device you are using in the first pic?  I'm guessing its normal use is for raised direct as well?

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,978

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
    @tjv I knew I couldn't have been the first! Thanks for the tip I will use my old weber stainless one instead.

@dpittard @smokeypitt has it correct its the two tier xl rack. And yes I use it for raised direct.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,561
    @double - thanks, will check it out on Friday. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·