Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

OT: Cupcake Lasagna

I labeled this OT because I did it in the oven.  However, it would work well in the Egg.

I have a rule to only post a recipe once, but I can't remember if I've done this here, so I am posting it (again, maybe).
They are really easy and quick to make, and use wonton wrappers for the pasta, which makes it more healthy.

I have changed my ways recently.  I no longer waste time on plating, I drink store bought wine, feed it to my average wife, and take pictures with my iPhone, after I've driven to the grocery store in my Nissan.

Lasagna Cupcakes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients:

1/3 pound Ground beef

Salt & Pepper

24 Wonton skins

1 3/4 cups Parmesan cheese

1 3/4 cups Mozzarella, shredded

3/4 cup Ricotta Cheese

1 cup Pasta Sauce

Basil, for garnish (optional)

Directions:

1. 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.

2. Brown beef, and season with salt and pepper. Drain.

3. 3Cut wonton wrappers into circle shapes (about 2 1/4- inches) using a biscuit cutter or using the top of a drinking glass. You can cut several at a time. Note: For a more rustic look, no cutting necessary!

4. Reserve 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese for the top of your cupcakes. Start layering your lasagna cupcakes. Begin with a wonton wrapper and press it into the bottom of each muffin tin. Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese in each. Top with a little meat and pasta sauce

5. 5Repeat layers again (i.e. wonton, Parmesan, ricotta, mozzarella, and pasta sauce). Top with reserved Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.

6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To remove, use a knife to loosen the edges then pop each lasagna out.

7. 7Garnish with basil and serve.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Gateway to the Hill Country

Comments