Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hamburgers on the EGG

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have made the following recipe before and they were delicious,
except I didn't have an EGG at that time.
Can anyone tell me if I can cook these hamburgers on the EGG the same way a steak is cooked??
Oh, by the way, I put a little chunk of blue cheese in the inside center of each hamburger. Made it taste much better.[p]ground beef
grated sharp Cheddar cheese
Worcestershire sauce
grated onion
freshly ground pepper
sliced bacon [p]To each pound of ground beef add 1/2 cup of grated sharp Cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and 1 grated onion. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper and form into cakes. Wrap each cake with a slice of bacon and grill. These are exceptionally fine served with sliced raw onion marinated in an olive oil and wine vinegar dressing and plenty of hot mustard.

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Ruffo,
    You never mentioned how you were going to cook them - other than saying "like a steak". My guess it that will be OK - not sure about all the extra stuff you add - doesn't it melt out?
    Anyway, I do burgers like steaks for the most part - high heat and sear them up good then let them dwell-in-the-shell until done. Method #2 is to avoid the dwell and sear until done. Good luck - let us know how it comes out.[p]Tim

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Ruffo,
    I like my hamburgers about 3/4" thick and do them for 3 minutes a side at around 650F. No dwell time. They come out with just a hint of pink in the middle.
    JimW