Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chorizo Stuffed Avacados

2»

Comments

• egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    henapple said:
    you leave the shells on...?
    yes, leave the shells on.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    To "stuff" and cook the avacados, cut them length wise and remove the pit. Leave the peel on. I use about a half cup of Chorizo to fill the cavity and cover the top of the avacado halves. Top with Monterrey Jack cheese. Put the stuffed avacados into a foil pie plate. An 8" plate fits my mini just fine. Cook at about 325 --350 more or less until the Chorizo temp is 130. You can fancy them up with Cilantro and Sour Cream and chopped Green Onions. 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 879
    Holy amazing @egger ave. How spicy is the chorizo? Thinking about making this as it has all of my favorite ingredients!!! Love the idea of a more beef based chorizo too.

Holy amazing @egger ave. How spicy is the chorizo? Thinking about making this as it has all of my favorite ingredients!!! Love the idea of a more beef based chorizo too.
    It's not a "hot" recipe, I can taste the salt, peppers, garlic and oregano in the sausage. It would be easy enough to add some Cayenne to it for some fire,maybe 1 TSP to start. 
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 879
    Perfect, if it is not hot then my kids will eat it :)
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,069
    Excellent looking cook.  I will definitely try this for a low-carb treat! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.