Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chorizo Stuffed Avacados

Options
2»

Comments

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    henapple said:
    you leave the shells on...?
    yes, leave the shells on.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • egger ave
    Options
    To "stuff" and cook the avacados, cut them length wise and remove the pit. Leave the peel on. I use about a half cup of Chorizo to fill the cavity and cover the top of the avacado halves. Top with Monterrey Jack cheese. Put the stuffed avacados into a foil pie plate. An 8" plate fits my mini just fine. Cook at about 325 --350 more or less until the Chorizo temp is 130. You can fancy them up with Cilantro and Sour Cream and chopped Green Onions. 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    Holy amazing @egger ave. How spicy is the chorizo? Thinking about making this as it has all of my favorite ingredients!!! Love the idea of a more beef based chorizo too.
  • egger ave
    Options

Holy amazing @egger ave. How spicy is the chorizo? Thinking about making this as it has all of my favorite ingredients!!! Love the idea of a more beef based chorizo too.
    It's not a "hot" recipe, I can taste the salt, peppers, garlic and oregano in the sausage. It would be easy enough to add some Cayenne to it for some fire,maybe 1 TSP to start. 

Albert Einstein
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    Perfect, if it is not hot then my kids will eat it :)
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Excellent looking cook.  I will definitely try this for a low-carb treat! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.