Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

table dimension question?

Options
Can someone please tell me if the standard large bge comes with a "spring assisted band" or is that an extra accessory .I am designing my table and was going to use a distance of 16" from top-shelf to tabletop on my table (actually 18" because im using a table nest too which raises egg extra 2"). However the diagram on the naked whiz site states that if you have a spring assisted band add 2" to to this measurement as shown in attached link.. point #5. So  this schematic means to make the distance two inches shorter or longer with the spring assisted band???

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/bgetable.htm

thanks again.
Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Options

I would say make the number 2 inches smaller with the egg

• calracefan
    calracefan Posts: 606
    Options
    Not add, if the plan says 16 you want 14. My hinge hit the table ( bought table from dealer ) when it opened. The hinge works on an eccentric motion, so just sitting there closed it clears but when it opens it actually gets closer to table. If I remember correctly 14.75" from where your egg sits (such as on a stone or in a nest) to the table top is the maximum distance for the hinge to clear.My table shelf had actually bowed causing the problem, so keep in mind the weight when building.
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    So a spring assisted band is the one that comes standard. Or something extra?
    Why state "raise the shelf up 2" if it has the spring assisted band" what else could it have...the only band available is the spring assisted one isn't it????

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).