Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

beer sauce???????

Options
JJ
JJ Posts: 951
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
how do i make a beer sauce for brats?

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    jj,
    i've done about half a stick of butter, cut up onion, and beer in a pan. .. .let it simmer (right on the egg), put the brats in and let em cook for a while. .then move them to the grill for a while, then back to the beer just before serving. . .serve em on rolls with some of the onions, which will now be nice and soft. ...[p]i like em with a good deli mustard. . .

• BabyBoomBBQ
    Options
    jj,[p]Here you go...
    Beer-Brats on a Bun[p]Grill the sausages first, then add them to a beer sauce for a great sandwich.[p]Makes 4 servings[p]Ingredients:[p]1 pound bratwurst
    3 tablespoons olive or canola oil
    1 large onion, sliced
    12 ounces dark German beer
    2 bay leaves
    1 tablespoon coarse German-style mustard
    4 Kaiser or other hard rolls[p]Preparation:[p]Grill sausages over medium heat until brown and 3/4 done, turning them occasionally as they brown.[p]In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil. Add the onion, cover the skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until light brown. [p]Pour in the beer and scrape up any brown bits clinging to the bottom of the pan. Add grilled sausages to the pan, and add the bay leaves.[p]Partially cover and cook over moderate heat for 15 minutes. Stir in the mustard and cook until the liquid has begun to thicken slightly. To serve, split the brats down the middle and place on a roll with the onions and sauce. Pass a pot of hot mustard on the side.