Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mango Habanero Finger Ribs

Options
caliking
caliking Posts: 18,731
Sunday: Still trying to clean out the freezer. Found a package of finger ribs. I must have bought these in desperation (or shopping drunk... again) because I usually buy racks. This wasn't a full rack, so it looked like a night to fire up the small egg.

Seasoned with Simply Marvelous Season All. Didn't want to use anything fancy on these since the sauce had a lot going on.

The sauce was a random purchase, that looked good a long time ago in the store. SWMBO mandated that I had to use it and finish it before I would be allowed to buy anymore bbq sauce. I recently found Blues Hog in HEB (and bought 3 jars) and that is what instigated the drastic action on her part. The finger test revealed that it had a nice kick to it, but was pretty sweet without any particular mango flavor. Not bad overall. 

Cooked at about 375°F, raised indirect, for roughly 40mins before I turned and started saucing them. I turned them when I could hear the ribs "weep" and sizzle through the top vent, so I'm not too sure about the time.

Sauced them, let it set for about 10mins, then turned em all over and sauced for 10 mins again.

Served with a leftover sweet potato, and leftover mac n cheese from the freezer. The ribs had a nice sweet hot flavor, with a little char, so they weren't bad at all.

For dessert - mixed up a package of chocolate mug cake, with choc chips and pecan bits. Set them in the egg on a heated pizza stone, and shut the egg down. Pulled the little cakelets when a toothpick in the center came out clean. Dressed them with a teaspoon each of bourbon and Kahlua. A tasty, chocolatey, small portioned dessert!

Thanks for looking!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Looking good! I hate shopping drunk. :D

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I think I might clean out my freezer after drinking so all the good stuff is gone and I have to go back to the store.. This looks like a great cook and I like the boozy mug cake idea!  =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.