Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tipped over the Egg last night

2»

Comments

• I like the grillbarrell idea and please anyone dont pour out good drink on my behalf. I wheel my egg back to the garage after each use as I don't want it at the entry of my home. I have a hard enough time grilling out front yet leaving it out front. I used to keep it on my deck until the association patrol got on my case. The good news, I'm getting right back on the horse and ordered the replacement this morning. I'll have it in a week or two and can live on the mini until then. In the meantime ill be thinking through the suggestions on how to proceed once I'm up and running once again. If I do something different I'll let you know what I decide. Might be able to add steps off my deck and a small slab....... That is one more idea on top of the great ideas you have all shared. Elmer Fudd
    Minneapolis / St. Paul. Large & Mini
  • chad408
    chad408 Posts: 140

I like the grillbarrell idea and please anyone dont pour out good drink on my behalf. I wheel my egg back to the garage after each use as I don't want it at the entry of my home. I have a hard enough time grilling out front yet leaving it out front. I used to keep it on my deck until the association patrol got on my case. The good news, I'm getting right back on the horse and ordered the replacement this morning. I'll have it in a week or two and can live on the mini until then. In the meantime ill be thinking through the suggestions on how to proceed once I'm up and running once again. If I do something different I'll let you know what I decide. Might be able to add steps off my deck and a small slab....... That is one more idea on top of the great ideas you have all shared.
    Elmer Fudd

Would u be interested in sellin the broke base u have now
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    That stinks about your loss, never a good thing to attempt to move the Egg after so many adult beverages. I have a handler on my Large egg, the small I move with both hands, the medium stays on the deck now. All of them in nests, knock on wood I don't have a accident with any of them.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    put it in a table or good stand and don't move it and it'll last forever.
    Thanks to everyone for your kind words and new ideas. I have little patience so I expect to order the replacement lower shell tomorrow. I have confirmed the vino may have been my culprit as I double checked a flight I also booked last night for a practice round at the Masters ...... Found out there is a difference Between PM and AM..... Had to fix that one also today !! I'll keep you informed on how I proceed but there will be zero hesitation in getting the large up and running - im actually not mad but annoyed wuth myself. In the meantime ill have to maximize the mini..... More to come! Elmer Fudd
    "Practice round at The Masters" playing ? or watching ? Good Luck to you if you are playing and Sorry for your loss !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
     I have confirmed the vino may have been my culprit as I double checked a flight I also booked last night for a practice round at the Masters ......  Elmer Fudd
    A walk around Augusta National will go a long way in helping the healing process. 

Enjoy!  I hope you have great weather. Incredibly jealous here.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• PROBLEM SOLVED (short term problem).  The Egg is back!!!  Picked up the replacement base today and assembled it quickly. Longer term issue is to take all of the good advice I received from you all and figure out my best long term strategy so I don't tip it again.   In the meantime, I need to mess up the what interior with a good cook. For those that asked, walking the Masters and Chad you can have the old base for $10 (less the screen as my neighbor needs it).  It's free if you also take the 40 inch Mitsubishi Tube (for free) in my basement.  Actually I'd still give away the base.  We can email separately to save everyone else. 

Thanks Again for all of the feedback, it's been fun.  Attached is an updated photo of the egg!

Elmer Fudd

Minneapolis / St. Paul. Large & Mini