Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mea Culpa Steak

Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited March 2013 in EggHead Forum
These steaks were so sinful (as compared to what I am supposed to eat) that I kept hearing a voice in my head.  In a hearty Irish brogue (paraphrasing John Pinette - The Meat) I kept hearing Father say "Say ten Hail Marys and get out of here, you fat bastard."

Done direct raised, at 400 until the internal was mid 130's.  The Spouse got the one in the foreground, as she likes well done.

The Spouse and I will see you Sunshine Fest guys tomorrow.

BTW, we each only at about half the steak.  The leftovers are for steak and eggs on Sunday.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Your meals always look so good
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    Are you sure that voice in your head wasn't me saying "please share that with me"? Looks good Doc.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    Worry not, there is an Argentinian Pope who will likely forgive all Meat Sins on Fridays even this close to holy week!  Perhaps he is an egger???? Pope Jorge BerEGGoglio  :))
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    The next year's Lenten season rolled around.  The first Friday of Lent came, and just at supper time, when the neighborhood was setting down to their tuna fish dinner, came the wafting smell of steak cooking on a grill.  The neighborhood men could not believe their noses!  WHAT WAS GOING ON?   They called each other up and decided to meet over in John's yard to see if he had forgotten it was the first Friday of Lent.  The group arrived just in time to see John standing over his grill with a small pitcher of water.  He was sprinkling some water over his steak on the grill, saying, "You were born a cow, you were raised a cow, and now you are a fish."

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,050

I would've eaten all the steaks....just sayin'...  ;) 

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Ribeyes, Gods gift to man.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    See you soon at the Eggfest!
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.