Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Thing My Wife is so Tough...

Options
2»

Comments

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Prayers for your wife and family... Positive vibes on the way as well.
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Options
    definitely my hopes and prayers keep positive she needs you bro.
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Mrs Parallel is scheduled for surgery on March 25. There's a fair chance the surgery can be done laparoscopic and robot-assisted, but the surgeon will make that call during the procedure. There is a 75% chance that she will NOT need radiation therapy (assuming the cancer hasn't spread). All of the pre-op stuff has been done today; exam by the gynecologic oncologist, blood work, EKG and chest xrays.

To give you an idea of her attitude, she posted the following on her FB page:

Mrs. Parallel — "
    on the positive side the doctor said I need to wear moo moos after the surgery, so I may have to become old officially now."

To which I replied — "
    The doctor said when you're RECOVERING moo moos are a good option. That doesn't give you carte blanche to run around like the people of Walmart." :))

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    That attitude and the Lord's help will see you guys through!  Keep it up and keep it light!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    I don't know your circumstances, but if you need lodging while getting treatment, look for an American Cancer Society Hope Lodge.  Wonderful support.

As a fellow survivor, good luck.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    Options
    Thanks for the tip Doc. We've sprung for a private room so that I can be with her to help take care of her.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • Bullibe
    Bullibe Posts: 132
    Options
    I will be praying for you and for a full, speedy recovery for your wife.
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Hope all goes well for you and your wife, brother. We will be praying for her.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• BillPinNC
    BillPinNC Posts: 68
    Options
    Hope all goes well!
  • erblove
    erblove Posts: 97
    Options
    Prayers to her, you, and your entire family. 
    Columbia, SC ~ LBGE, ThermaPen
    I love to eat...sue me!
  • BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    Options
    Haven't signed on in quite awhile and almost forgot my password in the meantime - but wanted to wish you the best of luck Parallel.  By the sounds of it she's a fighter and should pull through no problem.

make sure to keep us all posted.  Us Egghead's gotta stick together.
    [Insert clever signature line here]