Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon Wrapped Pimento Cheese Shrimp

Options

Being from Texas I love Pimento Cheese and will eat it with anything. When I was a kid would feed us Pimento Cheese sandwiches all summer long so I imagine thats what made me a junkie.  I had some shrimp I needed to get rid of and some pimeto cheese I had made over the weekend so I decided what the hell I needed to clean out the fridge before  I head off for the weekend.

Stuffed with Pimento Cheese and wrapped with bacon and then some EVOO and DP Swamp Venom. Did them at 350 Indirect till I the bacon had a slight crisp.

Did a side of asparagus dusted with DP Pineapple Express (Yes Thats what I call it) and then did up my favorite vegatable brussel sprouts in a sauce pan with EVOO and garlic.

A very solid meal.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments

• RoundTowner
    RoundTowner Posts: 125
    Options
    .....and how did it taste?....Looks great!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    I've never been one to think shrimp and cheese belong together, but since I have some shrimp too that needs to be used up, I'll give it another go; those look great.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    You going to be at the fest? You, ur wife and Cazzy were the only ones under 1,000 years old last year.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options

You going to be at the fest? You, ur wife and Cazzy were the only ones under 1,000 years old last year.

Ha Ha, Nope I will be in Florida I signed on with another race car team so Florida was on the list and it falls this weekend. Wish I could clone myself.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options

How is the baby Travis?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Looks good and will be added to the ever growing list of things to try!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Looks good @TUTTLE871. Where you been hiding? We need to get together soon.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TUTTLE871
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Looks good @TUTTLE871. Where you been hiding? We need to get together soon.
    Race season has started so I have been gone during the weekends lately. Now the weather is getting nice we need to have a Sunday Funday and grill out and drink.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I'd hit that.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looks dayum good.  Being from the south, I think I would have to serve that over some cheese grits :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Big pimento cheese fan here, love this idea.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Looks dayum good.  Please share the Pimento Cheese recipe, since you've perfected it over the years.  Also, technical question; how would the bacon get crispy without overcooking the shrimp?
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • TUTTLE871
    Options

1 Pound Sharp Cheddar Cheese

1 4oz jar of pimentos

1/2 Cup Mayo

1 TSP Cayenne pepper

I also like to add a half a Jalapeno sometimes if I have one, This makes alot of Pimento Cheese but when I make it I go through it pretty quick.

As for the bacon I laid them out on a paper towel and used my nuclear clock and nuked them for about a min. This helps alot.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    That looks fantastic!

@TUTTLE871 what racing circuit are you on?
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • TUTTLE871
    Options
    NHRA, Will be in Gainesville FL this weekend.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    Cool!

Good luck!
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    Options

TUTTLE871 said:
    NHRA, Will be in Gainesville FL this weekend.
    Any televised events where we can see in action?  Maybe Egging in the pits!
    Member since 2009
  • TUTTLE871
    Options
    Its ESPN2 qualifying on Sat and ESPN2 on Sunday at 6PM. If we had time to egg that would be great. We usually ar knee deep into the car fixing it for the next round.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Options
    True.  I guess you could reheat some pulled pork on the manifold after a run.
    Member since 2009
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    dayum  that looks good.  Ever since Griffin posted the pimento cheese burger we have been doing all sorts of recipes with it.  Have not been able to post pictures for a while cause...i don't know why!!.  Next xperimet with pimento cheese will be with pork belly sliders...
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx