Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

sold my first egg

Options
well not my own egg, but I did get someone to buy one.  The proof was in the pudding, I started posting a lot on instagram mostly pictures of finished foods, techniques, the egg in good light, because I spend a lot of time taking pics and they all don't need to go on here.  This prompted a friend of mine to ask "what is this big green egg thing you keep speaking of."   I explained and carried on, turns out she is getting married and was looking for a grill/smoker for her fiance, (they are from texas i thought you got your first outdoor cooker there with your bottle).  She sent me a message a couple of days ago and told me she has never seen someone so passionate about an outdoor cooker, and that is was she got her fiance.  So how do I get my commission check?

oh yes there is a pic to prove it

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I've gotten a few people to get one from pictures of my cooks or look into getting a smaller one or some of the eggcessories I have. If you find a way to get a commission let me know. I have also lost some followers for posting so much food pics as well haha. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Solson005 said:
    I've gotten a few people to get one from pictures of my cooks or look into getting a smaller one or some of the eggcessories I have. If you find a way to get a commission let me know. I have also lost some followers for posting so much food pics as well haha. 
    you lost them because they are jealous :).  i only really got on it to post food pics so if people don't like that they can go look at cats or peoples kids or something else.  my friend started following you is actually what got me started because she is obsessed with the egg.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Its funny because when I first started I was traveling 300+ days a year for work so I was in all sorts of cool places and got lots of followers that way now I would rather not go out to eat and make some great food. I have probably gained more friends liking my food pics than I lost and I could care less. She is pretty fond of the egg with just having some meals on yours, so you must be doing something right! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think I've almost got my inlaws ready to buy one. Their gasser died last fall. Paps loves my cooking but has always enjoyed the ease of the gasser, and mammie does most of the grilling just because he is in the fields late. But he loves smoking and has been through a Ton of weber cans. If they don't buy one soon ill see what the kids thinking about splitting on and surprising him on Father's Day or something.

I mean, buying your parents an egg is essentially buying yourself another one!! I'm cooking at there house all the time.

XLBGE 
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    I know both types of people.  My best friend loves cooking for all their family reunions and such.  the guy has more money than he will ever spend, yet i can't talk him into buying an egg.  He is an old weber trained guy, who taught me the way to cook on the weber kettle -- i have worn four of them out!!  Have a nephew who owns a large egg, and it sets. looking brand new, and uses it once in a while to cook steaks  -- dome is still bright white??  Priorities is what counts!! 
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    I wish BGE did have a referral program. I've got two buddies already to buy and have couple more looking to buy soon. Even if was some small trinket
    Boom
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Options
    I wish BGE did have a referral program. I've got two buddies already to buy and have couple more looking to buy soon. Even if was some small trinket

This is a great idea to push on them, even a coupon for a bag of lump would be nice. I know I have got 5 different people to buy them since I got my first one.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options

This is a great idea to push on them, even a coupon for a bag of lump would be nice. I know I have got 5 different people to buy them since I got my first one.

Yup. A lot of other companies have something.
    Boom