Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peppered Stout Beef with a twist

Options
Mattman3969
Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
I bought a 3.8lb chuck roast on Fri night with the thoughts of cooking the Peppered Stout Beef that Hap has been posting about. I wasn't goin to buy a 6 pack of Guiness ( don't drink dark beer) and Krogers didn't sell singles, no big deal cause my neighbor had given me a Kentucky Bourbon Ale. This is an Ale that is aged in Woodferd Bottles and very good on tap at room temp but actually sucks from a bottle. First Twist. I used sea salt and about half the pepper that I thought it needed which was a good thing cause the SWMBO was looking at the recipe on my iPad today after the cooking had began and sad she wouldn't eat anything with that much pepper. Whew Rubbed and ready image After 3hrs at about 275 grid temp and at 160 ready to merge wit da fixins image A quick shot of the merger before I foiled image I bumped the temp up to 350 and let it go I checked to see if it would pull at 212 and it was a big negative. Finally at 225 it was able to be pulled so I pulled, foiled and rested. Here is the next twist from he recipe - SWMBO didn't want everything all mixed up so I let the onions and peppers keep on gettin happy till most of the juice was rendered down imageimage She made her sandwich with no onion or peppers but added shredded mozzarella image And mine with all the fixins image

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Looks good! Just curious, did SWMBO at least try the onions/peppers/etc mix? I'm not the biggest fan of bell peppers but I found there was so much flavor in the veggies that I can't lay off of them. More for you I guess! :D
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Looks great. Need to try pulled beef soon.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    @R2Egg2Q - that's a negative. She will eat the red & yellow peppers but no way no chance on the greens

analyze adapt overcome

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    Looks good, since Hap posted this it's onmy list for next weekend
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

I am liking the way she did the reduction on the veggies, independent of the protein. So then por favor, why did she not have it? But, regardless, I like the collaborative approach. I wish I had the luxury of that and am jealous. :(

Looks too good and am gonna do this tomorrow. Cant wait.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Mattman3969
    Options
    @Aviator-My cooks have to mutual or atleast 70/30 mutual. Eggin is fun enough that I don't mind meeting in the middle for certain kinda cook. I always tell her if she would stay out of the kitchen while I was cookin she would like more of my cooks cuz she wouldn't know what the ingredients were :D:D

analyze adapt overcome

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
    Options
    Food looks good mattman but why didn't you drink beer with your sandwich instead of that bottle of water? =))

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .