Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dr. BBQ's Ribs, 1st try

Options
BabyBoomBBQ
BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I purchased Dr. BBQ's book a couple of weeks ago and finally tried one of the recipes. I've only been making ribs for 4 or 5 years and was happy with the suggestions from another sources. I thought I was being creative by marinating my ribs in cherry sauce and apple juice before rubbing with a basic Rub. Made some decent spicy apple BBQ sauce with a vanilla undertone that got rave reviews from my tasters and about 30% “Best I ever had” compliments. So I thought I was on my way and had a plan for my first micro Rib competition. Then I made Ray’s Championship ribs and it all changed…[p]I used BBR’s and the below picture is the result after three hours, just before the foil step. I cooked these at a grate temp of 230 to 250. Didn't use the guru this time, so the temp varied a bit.[p]drbbqbbrs.jpg[p]Served as he suggested, these were hands down the best Ribs I have ever eaten! They were so good I called my neighbors (The Canyon Rim Cuisine Club) over. Needless to say, we feasted in a silence only broken by "Umm", "Oh God", “Ooohaaa” and similar remarks/sounds until all but 2 of the half racks were gone. I'd also made Smoked Chicken Enchiladas and the Thick and Sticky BBQ sauce even tasted great drizzled on the Crema that topped them. [p]I might still play with the Apple-Cherry-Vanilla thing, but when I want to really impress, I'll be making Dr. BBQ's Championship Ribs. [p]Now, I can’t help wondering if I could blend the two without breaking it.

Comments