Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Piri Piri Wings

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,580
Here are some wings from yesterday's store cook up in Spartanburg. We were able to get about 80 wings on 3 levels of the AR. Could have squeezed in a few more, but decided not to crowd them too much. Cooked up 100 total.

image.jpg 1.9M
image.jpg 186.2K
image.jpg 2.8M
·

Comments

• ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,916
    Looks great as always @Dyal_SC
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 851
    Can you get piri piri sauce and peppers? Wondering about a substitute.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • pineypiney Posts: 614
    Dyal, I didn't get to try those wings yesterday (I got side tracked) I liked the looks of them and would love to know about the sauce. Please send me details. Gary
    Lenoir, N.C.
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,492
    Man they look great!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • Thanks for letting me partake Dyal. They were delicious!
    Fort Mill, SC
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    i ate about a dozen of these wings they were great Dyal!!! i will be trying them soon

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,834
    Just  got some of those peppers couple of weeks ago (dried).  I'm motivated.  Looks good dude!

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,580
    Thx, fellas'! It is a Steven Raichlen recipe:
    http://www.primalgrill.org/recipe_details.asp?RecipeID=149&EpisodeID=37

I used to be able to get Nandos Piri Piri Sauce at World Market, but they stopped carrying it. I just use Crystal's Hot Sauce in replace of it now. It is cheaper and with everything else in the recipe, you can't tell too much of a difference.
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,446
    Eggcellent!
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091

Craig,

The wings were awesome. We are making them tomorrow night for dinner...thanks for coming to cook. It was great fun to cook with you, Elle, Terry, Pam, Lynn & Ginny...can't wait to do it again...

·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Looks and sounds good. I am always looking for new wing recipes and might have to give these a try when I make your Jalamango Lime Wings.  =P~
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • ratcheerratcheer Posts: 189
    Steven Raichlen gave a recipe for Piri Piri on his show. It should be findable on his web site or in one of his books. It looked great.

Tim
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091

ratcheer,

Read up above...Dyal gave the link to the recipe from Raichlen...I made the recipe last night and will cook the wings tonight. I can't wait.... 

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,970
    Looks good @Dyal_SC. Still my wife's favorite type of wings.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    I've made that recipe before, it is one of the few marinated wing recipes that I like.  Great flavor to them.  In Planet Barbecue Raichlen says you can substitute cayenne or red serrano chiles for the peri peri.
    Knoxville, TN
    ·