Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DP sampler update... with pics

I figured I would update the previous thread I started about the DP sampler. I didn't quite know how to add pics in with text so it looked kinda goofy, so I started a new thread, which I will try to update as I work through the samples [the text reads the same but flows better since the pics are with the text now].

I have tried 3 of 12 so far.

1. Ahi tuna steaks with DP Tsunami Spin and a Thai dipping sauce. I couldn't really taste the galangal and lemongrass notes this rub is supposed to have, but the dipping sauce has dominating flavors ( fish sauce, Thai chilies, lime) and the nanami togarashi and some real zing to the tuna as well. No fork shot, but they were maybe medium rare inside. i seared them for about 2 mins per side - next time I will try 1min per side.

2. Salmon filet with DP Raging River, lemon and dill - This one I liked! It really does taste good with salmon. And I take back what I said earlier about DP rubs having more salt than I like - the salt level was quite agreeable. In the egg at 350°F, indirect raised for about 20 mins or so until the thickest part of the filet was  about 150°F. I intentionally overcooked it since I wanted it firm for salad and/or dip later in the week.

3. Chicken with DP Swamp Venoom. I threw this on because I could. No space in the freezer so I couldn't freeze the bird, and since the egg was lit up anyways I let it hang out with the salmon, and then it stayed on while we ate dinner. Pulled when the breast was 160°F. Socked away in the fridge for later in the week, so I don't know how it tastes. I'm really looking forward to this one though.  

My photography skills leave much to be desired, but I blame it on a new light in the kitchen... and my phone's camera.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments