Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Sliders...Toppings Bar...Egg Style

So we had some friends over tonight and I had been wanting to try my version of an 'all you can eat' pizza bar on the egg.  I rolled out dough into individual pizza sliders and had toppings bar for our guests.  They would build their own pizza on a small plate and then bring it out to me to throw on the egg at around 650 degrees.  It was a huge success!

Folks took their pizza crust from the blue plate, added a sauce, and then added topping.  They then brought it out to the egg and i cooked at 650 for around 5-7 imins.

Anderson, SC
XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Looks great!! Makes me crave pizza. :)
  • tech284
    tech284 Posts: 34
    That is a great idea I'm stealing it sorry LOL
  • I have thought about this before, but was afraid of making it easy for everyone, and me. Will definitely try it out now.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    We usually do something similar but just have one person in charge inside and one person running the egg to keep the pace going . Looks like a fun time with family and friends!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    edited March 2013
    What a fun idea. I too shall have to borrow it. Only thing I will need to do differently is the eating outdoors to finish part. My guests would be sitting in 18" of newly fallen snow. Nice looking Za's.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Borrow any time guys! I was a little concerned about the ease of this with everyone making their own pizza but it ended up being fine. Everyone made their pizza on flat cutting board and then brought it out to me at the egg. I transferred their pizza from the boards to the egg using a Super Peel. Went perfectly!!!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I have found the super peel makes this method much easier. I'm sure the parchment method would work to but I went from struggling with sticky dough and messy cornmeal to the super peel and have never looked back! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.