Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where is thread and what was the outcome of the (Less Spicy) Cow Lick Chili?

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
It was a few weeks back, someone was looking for ways to make the chili less spicy.  Trying to find that thread and see what the outcome was.  The recipe looks great but the family can't take the heat.  Anyone remember?
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• sola
    sola Posts: 118
    Options
    Didn't see the thread, but made the chili for my family. I cut the spicy stuff in half for them & it wasn't bad at all. I would still cut it down a little more though. Spiciness seemed to lessen over a couple days in the fridge.

Fantastic chili recipe!!!
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I think this is the one @IrishDevl posted What to cut out cow lick chili 

I love the regular version but was told it was too hot by some of my guests. So I may try it out if you recommend it. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • boboegg
    boboegg Posts: 46
    Options
    I had the same problem at home, so I took most of the peppers out (I know, defeats the purpose). It was still too hot.  It was the amount of chili powder that provided the negative response. Next time, there will be 2 batches, one normal, and one soup!
    LBGE, Lawrenceville, GA
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Yea that's the link.  Never heard the outcome from @IrishDevl.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    I cut the Serrano chili in half and the heat was perfect. One Serrano instead of two. Chili was a hit for everyone at Superbowl. I never cut out any cow luck because it has so much flavor.
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    I would say cut out all serranos if to hot. It will be much easier to eat. And this is coming from me - a sissy from the Northeast. B