Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Finally got my slicer

doubledouble Posts: 1,214
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Needed some retail therapy today seen as recoil therapy has become so expensive lately. Picked this bad boy up on clearance at Cabelas.
Lynnwood WA

• I'm completely jealous!!! Very good my friend!!
    Clanton, Al LBGE
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Nice! I still need to get one. What model and price? If you don't mind me asking.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    It was the Pro Series 500 Watt feels pretty darn solid with sharpener. It was $279 down from $399 My budget was $250 so I wasn't far out...
    Lynnwood WA
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 540
    That's a pretty good score. Can't argue with that price
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Awesome always nice to get a good deal! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    How big and heavy is it?
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

It is pretty heavy the thing is cast and solid. The tiles on the counter are 1ft square for reference and it sits about 11 inches or so high. It has a 7.7 inch blade so not a huge blade.
    Lynnwood WA
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,594
    So jealous. Going to have to wait until our next house before I can get something like that. Nowhere to put it in this house. Wont even fit on the counter in my house :((
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,158
    So what is going to be your first cook that you put that to use for?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,215
    Nice, time to get a new shiny slicer. I think the 7 inch blade is ideal for home use, great for cheese veggies and of course meat. Enjoy!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • That really looks solid.  Good purchase.  Let us know how it works.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

@griffin 23lbs of bacon already curing in the fridge.
    Lynnwood WA