Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table Height?

Ok, I'm having a dilemma with designing my table. I'm trying to figure out how tall it should be... At the current moment, I'm at about 44 inches tall with 10 inch all terrain wheels so I can roll it through my backyard on the way to my garage. 

I feel like that is too high and I shouldn't go above about 40 inches at the tallest.

What does the wisdom of the board say? 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas

Comments

• eggerbbq
    eggerbbq Posts: 27
    I just finished my table for my XL. I, too, have 10" wheels. I designed my height based on two things: how comfortable it would be for SWMBO to use it if she chose to, and (more importantly!) the level at which it would be comfortable to remove the Adjustable Rig and set it on the top. I didn't want to have any difficulty placing/removing inserts before or during cooks. In the end it was only 32" high. Standard countertop is 36". Now that I've used it a bit I think I would like it at least a couple of inches higher. But my goal was achieved: it is a good height for using the Adj. Rig.
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Depends on cooks height. Tall person may be leaning over and short person needs step stool. I always try to keep around 36" as last poster mentioned. Height of table is one thing but what is height of egg opening?
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    I think I'm going to work to get it down to 36". The hang up for me is putting a shelf below the shelf the egg sits on. Right now it's 10" high and I think I can make it work at 36" moving down to 6" tires.
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    What keeps your egg from rocking when going over backyard?
  • tamu2009
    No clue. Haven't thought of that. Was expecting the table to hold it relatively steady

• DJKrage
    DJKrage Posts: 15
    Just finished my table. It is 37.5" to the table top. I plan on leaving it on the patio so I went with smaller wheels than you have mentioned, but still had room for a pull out drawer under the Egg.

To protect the Egg while rolling over the pavers I used a replacement gasket sold by Egg stuck to the edge of the granite top. 

HTH
  • tamu2009
    Thanks. I just put a coat of spar urethane on mine but I think mines right at 40".

For those with wheels on one side of the table do y'all secure the egg down when moving it somehow?
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942

My tabletop is 37.5".  It's 41" to top of the base of the egg (grid level).
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Bullibe
    Bullibe Posts: 132
    I would opt for the larger tires, they will move over small obstacles much better than the small ones. You may be able to move your axle up to accomodate them and not affect the overall height if the table.
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama