Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Couple of Cooks

Options
Fred19Flintstone
Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
edited March 2013 in EggHead Forum

My Dad used to say I would forget my head if it wasn't attached.  That's still the case sometimes.  Last week Wilma bought a couple of picnic roasts because they were on sale.  I cooked them here and transpoted them FTC to my Mom's house for pulled pork sammies.  I shredded the roasts at Mom's and forgot that when you FTC, you effectivly are steaming the bark.  The skin WAS crispy at my house, but was rubbery by the time I got to Mom's.  I took the skin off and planned to toss 'em into the oven.  Fate stepped in and while I was in the head, Mom's dog got on the table and into the skin.  I hate that rat!  Good thing I put the pulled pork on the counter!  Forgot the camera at home, so no finishing pix.  Sorry!

imageimageimage

A couple of days ago, I put my mini on the floor and Elaine, my 4 year old daughter, helped me grill some dogs.  She did a great job!  I taught her about burping and she thought that was hilarious!  She's burping the Egg in one of these pix.  Its not worth a plating picture because they were served no bun with a small puddle of mustard.  Thank you Atkins diet! 

imageimageimageimage

Thanks for looking.

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Fred, great write up my man. I love scoring the meat for extra square footage for bark. Looks great. Sorry the dog got the bark, but without a pic that didn't happen... :D

Great pics of daughter. My son is only 8 months old but a major reason I want the mini. Can see myself doing some traveling egging with him in a few years. Thanks for posting.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Cute pics with the mini.  My son loved bbqing with me when he was that age but now he's 13 and not so into it unless he can't be snowboarding, skate boarding, etc, etc, lol

I like to remove the skin when I use picnics. 
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Thats some good looking bark, I bet that dog was happy.. 

I love the pictures with the future pitmaster, I got my love of cooking from watching / helping my dad. Now my cousins son is coming over every weekend to help us cook on Sundays. He got a kick out of burping the egg too, but forgot once when it needed it and remembers now.. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Nicely done, Mr. Flintstone! Looks great! :) Your girl is a cutie too. :)
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Thank you all very much for the kind words!  Wilma was none too happy when she discovered that Elaine was burping the Egg.  I said its not a big deal because she doesn't have hair on her little arms to burn off.  Mothers have no sense of humor sometimes.

Flint, Michigan
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Super cute helper and glad you taught her to burp the Egg ( boy i wish I had done that for my wife).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Options

Thank you all very much for the kind words!  Wilma was none too happy when she discovered that Elaine was burping the Egg.  I said its not a big deal because she doesn't have hair on her little arms to burn off.  Mothers have no sense of humor sometimes.

=)) Great pics. I have a 9 and 6 year old boys and although they love eating the food, they aren't interested in the preparation. I also have an 8 month old little girl that loves to sit in the high chair and watch me cook. I think she has a gift... :))
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Nice looking cooks and great work from your helper, looks a lot like my niece at that age with the super long hair. Always good to start them young so they know what they are doing when you get to be my father's age and take random naps from sitting in one spot for more then 10 minutes.
    =))
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Great looking cook and an adorable little helper you have... Pebbles will be a well seasoned egg veteran when she gets older :)

My 9 year old daughter wants to start helping me egg on the large, once the weather warms up of course ;)