Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

St Louis question

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Bought a slab of spare ribs and had the butcher cut them into SL style. What can i use the remaining meat for?

Also one week ago i thawed a prime rib roast but ran out of time to cook it. How long will it hold? It's wrapped in Saran wrap.

Thanks.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• rsmith193
    rsmith193 Posts: 219
    cut up the skirt and cook it the same as you do the ribs. Now you have rib tips. We also put the rib tips in with our baked beans. As far as the rib roast, it may be too late. how long was it thawed before last week?
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    It thawed Tuesday
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    The rib roast can ride for a while. Unwrap it and let it sit for a couple more weeks and bam, you got dry aged goodness. Cook the tips along with the ribs great snack they do cook quicker though.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    edited March 2013
    Another option with the flap meat after cooking with the ribs is to use in ABT's-great flavor. The flap will cook quicker than the ribs so keep an eye on it-toothpick test works well to determine when finished.  WRT the rib roast-either get into the dry aging as mentioned above or let your nose be the guide and go for it.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    I always throw them on with the ribs... I like to smoke them up on a small piece of foil to keep them from falling through the cracks. I use the smoked tips for baked beans all the time... Also, if you throw them into a slow cooker with pinto beans, it flavors them very nicely.