Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pepper Stout Beef Question

Options
Ok, got some folks coming over for dinner tomorrow, I got my Rain Getter Off Mod done on my table, and forcast for the NW is not terribly rainy.

Question, for those who have done this recipe, stupid question, was it spicey at all from the pepper? I have a little one who doesn't like spice at all.

So here is the menu:

- Pepper Stout Beef
- Twice baked potatoes on the egg
- Grilled Pineapple with Pineapple head on it.

Strawberry Sorbet for dessert from the Vitamix.

Comments

• Gezr
    Gezr Posts: 154
    Options
    Just leave out the jalapenos and the bell peppers have no heat and peace in the family! Great dish, good luck.
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    @gezr, is it still peppery? I know stupid question.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    When I cooked that dish (but with Ale), I cut the jalapeño back from 3 large (seeds & all) to one medium (no seeds & deveined). It wasn't spicy to me & I can't handle much heat. As for the bell peppers, if your concerned about the bell pepper flavor being strong it isn't that strong. I found that there was less bell pepper taste than eating a pizza with bell peppers or eating raw or sautéed bell peppers. The long cook time seems to mellow them out.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    @R2Egg2Q, thanks for the help, I am going to go for it with no jalapenos.