Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

I'm not a woodworker or a carpenter...with that said, table questions....

canadianehcanadianeh Posts: 32
edited February 2013 in EGG Table Forum
As the title states, I'm not a woodworker or carpenter, but I think I want to try building a table. A friend who is a carpenter has suggested I use white oak for something that will last, and withstand the sun and snow. I do want it to look good. 

The white oak will run me about $250 using naked whiz suggestions of about 55 Board Feet. They will rip the boards to 4" widths for me so they only cuts ill be making will be lengths.... 

With that said, I personally find following naked whiz PDF and pictures terribly confusing. No offense. ;-) 

What's the simplest table plan out there that I could build from a really nice wood, and manage to successfully complete? Any other suggestions? I can't get cypress unless I special order it. 

I live on the us/can border and could go tomorrow and pick up a large BGE table from an authorized dealer in Detroit, but will cost me close to 600 by time I get it home.

Comments