Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

I'm not a woodworker or a carpenter...with that said, table questions....

canadianehcanadianeh Posts: 32
edited February 2013 in EGG Table Forum
As the title states, I'm not a woodworker or carpenter, but I think I want to try building a table. A friend who is a carpenter has suggested I use white oak for something that will last, and withstand the sun and snow. I do want it to look good. 

The white oak will run me about $250 using naked whiz suggestions of about 55 Board Feet. They will rip the boards to 4" widths for me so they only cuts ill be making will be lengths.... 

With that said, I personally find following naked whiz PDF and pictures terribly confusing. No offense. ;-) 

What's the simplest table plan out there that I could build from a really nice wood, and manage to successfully complete? Any other suggestions? I can't get cypress unless I special order it. 

I live on the us/can border and could go tomorrow and pick up a large BGE table from an authorized dealer in Detroit, but will cost me close to 600 by time I get it home.

Comments