Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How Do You Keep Up With Recipes--- Sorta OT

2»

Comments

• Well.....if I write anything down free hand I can't read it.  I can barely print a recipe off the web.  Let's just say that I am technologically challenged.  When I find a recipe I like I usually print it off.  I lost my binder so the recipes are hanging all over the refrigerator with magnets.  Usually I just use a recipe for a concept.  Of course some things require accuracy.  That's when I usually screw up!
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Jlsm, I am technically challenged and it is quite easy. Recipes scanned from books in ORC and captured in Living Cookbook or cut and pasted. Really simple. Their web site has a demo to see how easy it really is. For me the time consuming part was assembling the pages with a binder machine. It would only cut about 12 pages at a time. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Bjorg
    Bjorg Posts: 241
    I did the trial with living cookbook and I am considering buying it. You can download tons of egg recipes on it using the naked whiz website:

For now, I just bookmark recipes as I find them and use the search function to find them. 
    Quebec - Canada
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    edited February 2013
    I send myself emails all the time.  Works great for me.  I do this for more than just cooking but for recipes I title the email "Recipe - whatever recipe".

I search my gmail for the word "recipe" and boom.  Every one I ever saved whether it be manually typed in, copied and pasted, or just the link. 

Also great because you can do it on the fly.. assuming you have smart phone.
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

Been using the Living Cookbook as well.

I'd like to import those from the Wiz. Any quick lessons? Thanks Bjorg

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Shameless plug:  I use my own site FamilyCookbookProject.com it's easy to add recipes, copy/paste from sites and upload pics.  We have an app for iPhone and Android, too.  Try it!  I'm thinking of offering a deal to BGE owners, but I'm not sure what the forum policy is on that type of thing.  I also thought how cool would it be for all of us here on the forum to enter our favs - then print out the book.  What do you think of that idea?
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited February 2013
    @Cookbook_Chip - Just ask the forum to PM you for the discount code/deal

Or offer it full price with free Mangrates. That should do well. 
    ;)
  • Mangrates- haha!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    +1 for Living Cookbook.  Been using it for about 10 years and currently have over 17,000 recipes in various cookbooks.  Over 5000 from the BGE forums and BBQ related sites.  Happy to share any if interest.  Only problem I see as technology advances is that you have to have a copy of LCB to get the recipes from a friend unless you take the email format. Can not access from remote site, like Ipad???
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Yes, I wish they made a web based version that one can access with multi platform support. I am talking about the living cookbook.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.