Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lasagna

Quick and easy lasagna. Ready for the 350' indirect on the top self of the AR for about an hour. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos On: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Cooking away, man I wish I could get the gunk off the egg, I've tried everything and its better but stuill there. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Done: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Resting: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Dad, take a picture of my garlic bread. :lol: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Boring plated picture: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Cheesy goodness: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos A little egg lay on a leaf Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
NW Iowa
·

Comments

• Looks great! What kind of pan is that?
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,276
    Very nice!  Yeah, is that a ceramic baking pan?

·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Looks good! I like the garlic bread pic. This is going on the ever growing list of things I need to make on the egg. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,938
    Looks great! Love the bread pic :)

What kind of pan is that?
    ·
  • Great looking cook... & I love the pics!
    "Dad, take a picture of my garlic bread" <-- priceless!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • LDRLDR Posts: 267
    edited February 2013
    I thought his pan looked familiar, so I asked my supervisor, and she says it's a "ceramic stoneware pan thingy" made out of the same material as a pizza stone.  She got hers from ABC distributing.  I did a quick check on their website and didn't notice one.
    ·
  • The pan resembles this Pampered Chef stoneware I used to have:
    http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/catalog/product.jsp?productId=171&categoryCode=FH
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,988
    I like lasagna as much as the next guy, but I fail to see any benefits to cooking it in an egg.
    ·
  • Looks great! What kind of pan is that?

Thanks, it's a pampered chef stone
    NW Iowa
    ·
  • Very nice!  Yeah, is that a ceramic baking pan?

Yep it's from pampered chef.
    NW Iowa
    ·
  • Solson005 said:
    Looks good! I like the garlic bread pic. This is going on the ever growing list of things I need to make on the egg. 

Thanks, the list definitely grows more than it shrinks
    NW Iowa
    ·
  • hapster said:
    Looks great! Love the bread pic :)

What kind of pan is that?

Pampered Chef
    NW Iowa
    ·
  • Great looking cook... & I love the pics!
    "Dad, take a picture of my garlic bread" <-- priceless!

Thanks Kristi, he is quite funny, especially since he doesn't like his picture taken........ Ever.
    NW Iowa
    ·
  • LDR said:
    I thought his pan looked familiar, so I asked my supervisor, and she says it's a "ceramic stoneware pan thingy" made out of the same material as a pizza stone.  She got hers from ABC distributing.  I did a quick check on their website and didn't notice one.

It's a pampered chef
    NW Iowa
    ·
  • The pan resembles this Pampered Chef stoneware I used to have:
    http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/catalog/product.jsp?productId=171&categoryCode=FH

Correct Kristi! I'm surprised she let me put it on the egg. Wasn't going to ask since she made the lasagna but I'm sure ill have to buy her a new one now.
    NW Iowa
    ·
  • BYS1981 said:
    I like lasagna as much as the next guy, but I fail to see any benefits to cooking it in an egg.

Add a little sweet wood next time and you'll notice the difference,
    NW Iowa
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,988
    I haven't tried it at all, and I was curious if there was any difference. I will give it a try soon.

check meyers website for ceramic cookware, they also do a yearly deal with prices about 40% off.
    ·
  • BYS1981 said:
    I haven't tried it at all, and I was curious if there was any difference. I will give it a try soon. check meyers website for ceramic cookware, they also do a yearly deal with prices about 40% off.

There is always benefits to cooking in the egg!
    NW Iowa
    ·
  • What kind of pan is that?
    ·
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    BYS1981 said:

Add a little sweet wood next time and you'll notice the difference,

Looks good. What kind of wood did you use?
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
  • What kind of pan is that?

I think......... pampered chef
    NW Iowa
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,428
    Looks excellent! What a cute little fella too! :)
    ·
  • Dyal_SC said:

Looks excellent! What a cute little fella too! :)

Thanks
    NW Iowa
    ·