Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New XL owner with table

jhoppmann
jhoppmann Posts: 9
edited February 2013 in EGG Table Forum
We finally got out table finished. :)Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Tomorrow is our first cook.

Comments

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Welcome!!  That is a beautiful table.  What are you cooking for your first cook?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited February 2013
    Looks great! Welcome!

You found a great resource for tips, recipes, and eggcessories!

We like pictures, and giving multiple answers to any question. It's all in fun and makes for some great tasting food. Post the good and the bad somebody can always learn from both.

Where do you live?
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Thanks. I'm in Phoenix, originally from FL. I think I will try a couple spatchcocked chickens and some grilled hot wings.
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Sounds like a party with that much chicken.  Do you have a big family or are you breaking it in with friends and neighbors?  What rubs and marinades are you going to use?  Did you have a gasser before?  Good luck and show us how it all comes out with pictures.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• We have some friends headed over. Got a beer butt chicken sitting on beer and apple juice and a spatchcocked bird. Both are brining a bit in juice and some John Henry apple rub with a little cayenne. Wings have a little Franks on them now and after grilling. I am also trying some cored onions with olive oil and a bullion cube wrapped in foil. We also have some bacon wrapped filets! Using hardwood lump and a piece or two of pecan. Hope it all goes ok, it's my first go with the egg :)
  • Results were pretty good: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Looks like a great meal and a nice way to break in your new table and a new egg! 

We rent a condo in Scottsdale a few times a year to see my grandmother who lives in Mesa. If your interested in checking out the Dizzy Pig rubs that you will see just about everyone talk about I found some at the Green Goddess in Scottsdale. I think there were some stores in Phoenix too but I can't remember, they have a dealer locator on the website. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    That all looks great, nice table.
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Wow awesome ^:)^  I am buying an XL to go with my large. Very nice table. Food looks delicious

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL