Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT----BACON Infused Bloody Marys---- OT

Chubbs
Chubbs Posts: 6,929

Had the day off yesterday and went to brunch with my mother in law. Wanted a bloody mary to get the train rolling again early---- vacation, right? So, as I browsed the specialty drink menu, I gravitated to the top right side of the page and stumbled across Bacon Infused Bloody Marys. As any Eddhead would, I ordered one, then another, then another..... Let me tell you what guys and gals, this was amazing.

If you want a conversation starter, try this for your next tailgate. I am making a batch this weekend and will share pics.

Cook 8 strips of bacon (I will be using my last homemade savory batch) and let it soak in a pitcher of vodka (No need for high $ for BM's, Svedka will due) for 24 hours. Then, break it up in small pieces or use cooked lardons. Make your BM like you usually would (Zing Zang mix or bust for me), add the pepper, hot sauce, etc. Then drop small bits of bacon in and stir. Top it off with a tooth pic of 2 olives, a few pieces of bacon, and then a few pieces of cucumber. Enjoy!!

I will post pics when I do them!

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments