Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Nachos!! (lots of pix)

I'm not sure which Round 2 brisket use I love more....brisket chili or brisket nachos.  :)  This is from the Whole Packer Beef Brisket that I made overnight this past Sunday...

I started by tossing in a bunch of cubed brisket from the flat...then added in some Enchilada sauce and I let that get happy for awhile. 

Then layered in some Tostitos, Black Beans, the Brisket, Shredded Monteray Jack Cheese and Homemade Pico de Gallo.  I always use Steven Raichlen's recipe for Pico de Gallo.  It's killer stuff.  I can eat it with a spoon.  ;)

Then added another layer of the same thing, minus the Pico de Gallo. 

Then put them under the broiler, set at low, giving them some distance from the burner, as to allow the cheese to heat through without the chips burning.

Then added some extra Pico de Gallo and Sour Cream when they were finished.  My lovely wife allowed me to eat in front of the couch and watch the news.  :) 

These were faaaantastic!  :D

I've made brisket nachos before with Steven Raichlen's Pico de Gallo, but I got the idea of adding the Enchilada Sauce from the Pioneer Woman...here is her recipe for Cowboy Nachos...

Comments