Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small egg feet

Options
Does the small egg come with feet?

XLBGE 

Comments

• Central_Bama_Egger
    Options

Does the small egg come with feet?

Yes. Just helped my dad put his new one together and he had 3 in there.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    thanks bud, feet are sometimes hard to come by.  my egg will be new in box so if it comes with feet, they will be there

nice to know

XLBGE 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I don't think new eggs come with feet anymore but its a recent change so if its not brand new it will. I would ask when you pick it up because most dealers have them losing around from people that bought nests and didn't need them. I have picked up several sets for free from my local dealer.
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Just went to my dealer to buy a raincap for my used small and they didn't have one, so he sold me the cap off the floor model. I asked If they had any feet and he said no. I opened the box w the raincap in it and 3 feet were inside. He said "enjoy", I said Thanks!!!
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Options
    Ya mine didn't come with feet and I got it new in the box
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I think the feet are hit or miss. Have been to 3 dealers and no feet to be found for love or money. Did not find any in the rain cap box of the small I just got today either. 

I bought the clay pot feet from Lowes (3 to a set not 2 as pictured) and they work very well for my large egg and as spacers beneath the stone when making pizza.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I understand no feet anymore.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Mine came with the feet. But also put the hinge on upside-down as I learned tonight, so I would ask when you go pick it up on Friday! Got a first cook picked out yet?
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Congrats on the small!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    ive got two butts lined up for my large late friday night, was informed earlier that it might be a bigger party than expected, so maybe 3 butts... im scared and excited, dont have many hours and will be travelling with said butts so we will see!! the small might get broken in right with some butt first night!

XLBGE 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I did 2 8 pound shoulders on their side in my small before. Do it all in your small.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options

New Eggs don't come with ceramic feet anymore.  If you find old stock you may have feet inside still.   

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @smittythesmoker
    what is new stock and what is old stock? this is 2012 egg im picking up, not the new gasket egg the old black gasket egg,

currently i have 4 feet, just need 2 more haha

XLBGE 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I bought mine last summer at the Indy EggFest.  It was pre-assembled (of course) and no feet were included.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options

@MCN

New gaskets appeared 5 months ago.  Feet disappeared maybe 9 months ago.

Good luck!

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    3 butts on the large is no problem...but if you want to fire up the small to break it in...:)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.