Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shout out for Dizzy Pig

This stuff is phenomenal. I have been cooking with it all weekend and everything came out great. Friday, I did Cedar Plank Cod fish, shrimp kabobs and blackened tuna. Seasoned the shrimp with Shakin the Tree and the Cod and Tuna with Raging River. Saturday, burger sliders with Raising the Steaks mixed in the ground meat. Today (see other post) had a burd fest. The Cornish hens were seasoned with Shakin the Tree and the turkey breasts with Raging River. This stuff always tastes fresh and its good for you. Hope the DP people keep doing what they are doing. These are my favorites:

Dizzy Dust Coarse - Ribs
Raising the Steaks - Any kind of beef, preferably Steak, Tri Tip and ground meat for burgers
Tsunami Spin - Chicken wings
Raging River - Smoked Turkey, Smoked chicken and fish
Shakin the Tree - Shrimp, Poultry

Comments

• I am a fan of the pig too, my go to breakfast is an egg white omelet, I always add some version of the pig to that, Tsunami spin is my fav, 

I have told that I have enough, good thing inventory is not strictly kept, the self just gets a little fuller from time to time 
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
  • OziEgg
    OziEgg Posts: 48
    I got one of each sent out. Not sure how quickly I will use them. Will they spoil?
  • Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    My new ones have an expiration date of 2014 on them.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    @Plano_II, Have you tried Swamp Venom? That stuff is awesome as well.
  • Plano_JJ
    I am a fan of the pig too, my go to breakfast is an egg white omelet, I always add some version of the pig to that, Tsunami spin is my fav, 

I have told that I have enough, good thing inventory is not strictly kept, the self just gets a little fuller from time to time 
    I hear you. I put dizzy dust in my eggs. After those last two quart bottles I got in the mail, I was told "no more!" LOL
  • Plano_JJ
    @Plano_II, Have you tried Swamp Venom? That stuff is awesome as well
    I got a sampler of it to try it and it was way too much for me. I also tried the Jamaican Firewalk. It was ok but still a little too much. I dont like stuff so hot that it takes away the flavor of the food.
  • Eggcelsior
    I'm sorry to hear that. I love that stuff, but I really love heat. 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Every one I have tried has been great. Love the Swamp Venom, Firewalk can be too hot if applied heavily for some people.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Yep...big fan here too.  I just picked up a new one that I found at my local Egg store yesterday.  It was called Fajita-ish.  Looking forward to trying that out.

Favorites are Tsunami Spin, Raging River, and Cowlick!  
    :D
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    I love dizzy pig too. Wife not so much. I use swamp venom on my hot wing. I then do (melted)non salted butter and frank's hot sauce in a mixing bowl. I save a few out for the butter, frank's and minced jalapeno. I do hot wing challenges when I can so I like mine with some kick.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Plano_JJ said:
    This stuff is phenomenal. I have been cooking with it all weekend and everything came out great. Friday, I did Cedar Plank Cod fish, shrimp kabobs and blackened tuna. Seasoned the shrimp with Shakin the Tree and the Cod and Tuna with Raging River. Saturday, burger sliders with Raising the Steaks mixed in the ground meat. Today (see other post) had a burd fest. The Cornish hens were seasoned with Shakin the Tree and the turkey breasts with Raging River. This stuff always tastes fresh and its good for you. Hope the DP people keep doing what they are doing. These are my favorites:

Dizzy Dust Coarse - Ribs
    Raising the Steaks - Any kind of beef, preferably Steak, Tri Tip and ground meat for burgers
    Tsunami Spin - Chicken wings
    Raging River - Smoked Turkey, Smoked chicken and fish
    Shakin the Tree - Shrimp, Poultry
    Thanks much JJ, and all!! We will definitely keep doing what we are doing. Gone too far to turn back now! Really appreciate you sprinkling our stuff on your hard-earned meat.

Happy cookin
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Plano_JJ

No problem Chris. One other thing worth mentioning. I made an order for some quart containers here recently. I really like that newsletter and how that lady, Gail I think her name is, personally signed the receipt with a "Thank You" message. Real nice touch in this day and age. Hope to see you at an Eggfest one day. Keep the smoke rollin.

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited February 2013

joe@bge said:
    Yep...big fan here too.  I just picked up a new one that I found at my local Egg store yesterday.  It was called Fajita-ish.  Looking forward to trying that out.

Favorites are Tsunami Spin, Raging River, and Cowlick!  
    :D
    Fajita-ish is awesome on Tri-Tip 

I originally got the sampler pack, Fajita-ish, and Dizzy Dust when I ordered my CGW Swing rack. I haven't found a dealer around me that sells it.  But, I have ran across a couple of places in my travels and have replaced the sampler baggies with full size bottles of most stuff. I found a place in Spring, Texas and when I went to ask about it his first question was "Your one of those Big Green Egg guys aren't you? You guys love this stuff!" I think I gave him a good idea about getting a Egg to cook outside his shop. So thanks for having a dealer locater on your website, I have used it in Oklahoma, Texas, and Arizona and that is just since November.. I finally tried Swamp Venom last week and really enjoy it. 

Keep up the great work indeed! I made ribs with dizzy dust and turkey breast with Shakin' the tree this weekend.. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    edited February 2013

Dizzy Pig, I put the shiz on everything! I've tried all of them including the new "ish" brand and I love them all. I specifically buy the large cans of Firewalk, Dust and Swamp Venom. If your not sure, but a variety pack. You can't go wrong.

I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • Here's a little Dizzy Pig for you from this weekend's Frozen Fest in Norther MN.  9 Eggs, great food, great people.  
    Minneapolis / St. Paul. Large & Mini
  • Solson005
    Here's a little Dizzy Pig for you from this weekend's Frozen Fest in Norther MN.  9 Eggs, great food, great people.  
    Awesome! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • OziEgg
    OziEgg Posts: 48
    Special mention for their customer service too. After I paid they came back and said they found a cheaper shipping option for me. Unheard of.
  • shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    I did my second steak with Cow Lick tonight.  It was better this time than the last.  Im addicted!

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

• I'm gonna need another spice cabinet at this rate. Wonder if SWMBO could do without some of the dishes?
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Eggcelsior
    I'm gonna need another spice cabinet at this rate. Wonder if SWMBO could do without some of the dishes?
    You should "accidentally"  drop the old ones on the floor. Make sure they aren't heirlooms, or your egg will "accidentally" fall over as well.
  • Plano_JJ
    I'm gonna need another spice cabinet at this rate. Wonder if SWMBO could do without some of the dishes?
    Been pondering that as well, dont know where to put it or what to get. Let me know if you know of anything.
  • NOLAegghead built some nice ones, there are pictures on here somewhere. I've got to do something
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Solson005