Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic Grillworks Swing Rack Okay to Leave in for Clean Burn?

Options
The title says it all. I'm fixing to do a clean burn after a cook where the filling came out a bit of my stuffed pork lion. I don't want to hurt my swing rack, and I'm thinking it should be fine, but I look to more experienced folks here to give me peace of mind.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments

• CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    Options
    It would be wise to remove it as you would burn off all the seasoning on the 2 tier.  What temps are you looking to hit for the clean burn??
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited February 2013
    Options
    You will probably need to reseason it if you do. I left my egg on after a multiple pizza cook at 600 - 700 degrees and didn't shut it down until about an hour after cooking. I put a couple layers of oil on it over the next couple of days and did 20lbs of wings for the Super Bowl and it was back to being fully seasoned. There is no need too but your not going to hurt it. Just don't get discouraged if its all dried out.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Salson005, Sorry about the OT flag, was readin on damn bb phone and must have scrolled over top by accident. Was not intentional.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I had let it get over 800° with the swing rack in it so I likely would have had to re-season it anyways.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited February 2013
    Options
    No problem @AlbertaEgger I've done that on the phone before too. I think you can click a different one and it will change it, but it doesn't bother me. 

Parallel- I'd just spray/wipe some oil right before you goto bed and check it out tomorrow and reseason if necessary.  
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.