Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Griddle Q

does any one have one? do you use it often? what do you use one to cook? i already have a ci  griddle so should i get a griddle Q?

these were just some of the questions swimming through my head as i ran across one at sams this morning. so i pose those same questions to those of you that have one.. thanks ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    edited February 2013

Nevermind i went ahead and ordered a round one found it here.http://www.firecraft.com/product/kettle-q-kq17r/grill-toppers-racks

it was just under $105 plus shipping and a cleaning kit! and no i dont own the company nor anything like that i just found a round one the square ons at sams is made by the same company so since it was heavy and looks easier to clean up than the cast iron. i pulled the triger

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• I absolutely love mine. I have owned it for over a year. Easy to clean. Well worth it.
  • I have the Griddle Q model GC- 210. If I'm not mistaken, Sam's sells the Sizzle Q, which is a lighter grade steel than the Griddle Q's. The Kettle Q wasn't available when I bought mine. I bought mine for that small diner experience for burgers, hash browns, eggs, etc. I use mine on my Weber Summit 4 burner gasser, I remove the top grates and and place it right on the V-bars. I'm very happy with mine. Makes fantastic cheeseburgers. Based on my "Eggsperience", and Griddle Q experience on my gasser, I recommend you stabilize your egg at a lower temp, then tweak it up to desired. As I'm sure you know, the egg doesn't ramp down like a gasser if you overshoot.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I had one for about a year. Used it twice and gave it away. Just not right for me.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• BENTE
    scooter759 yea i was really wanting it for pfilly cheese steaks i was also thinkig i can light my egg and go out for a cab ride to the local bar then when i gotr home i could cook some breakfast foods and cut down on my waffle house budget!! :D thanks for the tips i will use them wisely!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• "Philly Steak Sandwiches".... Love em. It will be perfect for them, "Wit"!
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Yeah. Definitely lower maintenance. Griddle Q is much higher grade than the sizzle. Good choice. Good luck with the cheese steaks and fajitas maybe?.
  • BENTE
    yea i think im making fajitas tomorrow night just grilling some flat iron steaks then getting out the ci skillett for the vedgies!! not sure how long it will be before it gets here but i hope by next weekend. i got some newskies (sp) corned beef hash that will probably be the first thing i try next weekend... wow i dont think i have been this excited since i ordered my therma pen on line :-t

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Mickey sorry i missed your comment!! i dont use my ci griddel often and i attribute it to lack of cleanning. i just hate the thing, but i figure the new one can go in the dish washer. and that is a big plus in my world

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Aren't flat iron steaks the best great marbling and flavor. I do exactly the same season the meat cook whole to mid- rare and season and cook veggies separately. Best fajitas around no doubt about it. Bacon and eggs on the griddle will be nice also.
  • BENTE
    i agree flat iron's are some of the best!! too bad everyone figured it out because they sure have gotten expensive over the last couple years!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb