Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grilled Kampachi and Shrimp

AltonAlton Posts: 432
First Friday in lent. Kampaci ,EVOO seasoned with salt and pepper. Grilled direct at 450. Finished with a squeezed Lemon. Shrimp was basted in teriyaki prior to grilling. Both were enjoyed with a Jordan 2008 Chardonnay . Quite pleased. Think next time will try some rosemary or thyme on the fish.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
image.jpg 847.7K
image.jpg 800.5K
image.jpg 752.2K
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 13,979
    Looks good....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 432
    Thanks @henapple I was really nervous about grilling fish but it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought.
    ·
  • Looks delicious!  I don't think I've had Kampaci, is it similar to Cobia?
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 432
    Not sure, never had Cobia that I know of. Kampachi is a mild white flesh high oil fish. Not as oily as sword fish. What I liked most is how it held together on the grill for a white fish. (I was actually able to flip it and grill both sides :D )
    ·