Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chili Dog Pizza. Oh Yeah.

Options
So.....two days ago my son asked me to make chili dogs (he had one at school and really liked it).  Got a "Game-Day Chili" recipe from a Southern-Living Cookbook (recipe below) and make chili dogs.  fast forward to Friday - which is pizza night in my house.  Decided to make a chili dog pizza, among others. It was amazing - tasted JUST LIKE A CHILI DOG.  Also have posted pics of other pizzas made tonight.  

Pizza Recipe First:
Take a greased cast iron skillet (12"), fill with pizza dough (deep dish style).  Punch dough with a fork to aerate; spritz or brush with olive oil.  Fill liberally with chili.  Spread cooked hot dog slices on top of the chili.  Cover with cheese (used a cheddar/mozzerella mix, need some cheddar to make it taste like a real chili dog).  Had the egg up to 600 degrees, cooked it for 10 minutes until the dough was raised and cheese was just starting to brown.

Pizza Dough Recipe (Mario Batali's recipe from Food Network.com)
(URL: www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mario-batali/pizza-dough-recipe/index.html) (copy & paste)
3 1/2 cups flour (Italian "00" from wegmans)
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup white wine (used Rex & Goliath Chardonnay, the good stuff)
3/4 cup warm water
1 packet active yeast

Chili Recipe (Game Day Chili - Southern Living Network)
2 pounds ground chuck (I used 81/19 lean from the commissary)
1 medium onion (finely chopped)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans
3 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 bottle dark beer (I used Guiness)
1 (14.5 oz) can beef broth (I used better than buillon beef paste, 1 tbsp)
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chiles
2 TBSP chili powder
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
2 TSPs ground cumin
1-2 TSPs ground red (cayenne pepper)
1 TSP paprika
1 TSP hot sauce (I used Cholula)
Note: I left out the green chiles and the red pepper due to the kiddos.

Comments