Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

You have an awesome wife when....

Options
U_tarded
U_tarded Posts: 2,042
edited February 2013 in Off Topic
She gets you apple pie moonshine for valentines day and you live in Utah!

Oh and she made some world class schnitzel

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I have some in the mancave...good stuff. Enjoy.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Awesome! My local liquor store just started carrying some tasty stuff. Not as good as the batch I tried in Tenn but I can go buy it 6 days a week so thats a plus.... I think. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Z_Eggineer
    Options
    Is it good?  I saw some out here.  We had moonshine back in AR
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Are you asking about the "legal" stuff? I've tried Midnight Moonshine and Ole Smoky Moonshine both in the Apple Pie flavor. Midnight was almost double the proof and you could taste it. Ole smokey had a real smooth taste but isn't very strong.. Pros and cons for both but Ole Smoky had better flavor. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • CeramicChef
    Options
    I hold earned degrees in Chemical Engineering ... I make my own shine and have for years! Im cooking off about 180 proof through an activated carbon charcoal filter. It's just as sweet as yo moma's milk! There is nothing so valuable as theory well applied! :D
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I hold earned degrees in Chemical Engineering ... I make my own shine and have for years! Im cooking off about 180 proof through an activated carbon charcoal filter. It's just as sweet as yo moma's milk! There is nothing so valuable as theory well applied! :D
    Science rules! Way to apply that degree, good sir!
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    I know I have an awesome wife when..... I get a new gyuto with Christmas money(to her chagrin) and she turns around and gets me my own Chef's coat and signs me up for a knife skills class that teaches all the necessary techniques for use(deboning, paring, different cuts) and upkeep of a knife. She even said " I guess you'll need to get more knives to use all those skills".

Knife skills: This 3-hour class will focus on the uses and techniques specific to the chef's knife, boning knife, paring knife and slicer. Classic cuts and techniques include deboning a whole chicken, various cuts for fruits and vegetables, knife sharpening and cleaning.

So Awesome!
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I really want to take a knife class but need to get some better knives first :-w
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options

I haven't tried it yet, haven't had shine since I visited east Texas, and there it was a crap shoot as far as quality went. I'm just super impressed she found it considering they only sell 3.2 beer here and you have to order a meal to get a drink at a restaurant.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    At least you have some of the best snow in the world.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Chubbs said:

I really want to take a knife class but need to get some better knives first :-w

I use my hedge clippers...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    I used to use a chain saw
  • Charlie tuna
    Options
    Since i started drinking this "shine" ain't no knife class gonna help me from slicin off my fingers!!