Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NOLA have you heard from your Mom yet?

Options
Pretty scary reports coming from the Triumph

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Very scary pictures on tonight's news. Mom is going to want a shower. Hope she is well!
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    They must be going crazy, get close to shore and the tow line breaks and they start heading back out. We've been planning a cruise but now... Praying for your mom NOLA, hope they get in soon
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • rolltideegghead
    Options
    Carnival cruise line need to be ashamed!!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'm guessing she won't be in New Orleans until late...I figure she'll probably check in to a hotel here in town and disinfect.  I was joking with B that if she came directly over here, we might have to put her luggage out on the back deck.
    Options
    0.6 miles away (that's about 1 kilometer for you Canadians).....fun, it's on CNN. 
    Options

Chubbs said:
    If Nola's mom is anything like him she has probably made a flashlight out of her shirt collar and is leading the charge to shore. Hope all is well Nola
    Hahah....when we rode out Katrina at Touro Hospital (family of employees could ride out the storm), I had MacGyvered a bunch of radios, cell phone chargers and LiPo batteries for our group.  We had power problems, most people weren't prepared for that (we were super prepared).  People walked around the hospital using their cell phones as flashlights.  The remaining generators were running ICU areas, no emergency lights at one point.  When the water supply went off, the toilets were overflowing, hot as hell, stank like a bourbon street port-o-let, needless to say, it started to really suck at that point.  At least we were on land.
    Options
    @nolaegghead I'm only about an hour away from the port of Mobile, if your Mom needs anything, just call....you still have my number?
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Bullibe said:
    @nolaegghead I'm only about an hour away from the port of Mobile, if your Mom needs anything, just call....you still have my number?
    Sure do, I appreciate it!

Still can't get in touch with her - it's driving me nuts.  I'll ask if she ever gets her cell working.
    Options
    Did your Mom get home o/k ?
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama