Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Valentine's day Traditions

Options
2»

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Chubbs said:

Well, went home on my lunch break to get the house ready, table set, and to get out my salt block to cook salmon and shrimp on at the table tonight. It was in about 5 pieces!!

So, change of plans. Looks like I am doing a rack of lamb, grilled asparagus and grilled polenta cakes with tomatoes, basil, and parmesan on top. Got some strawberries to dip in chocolate afterwards.. Hope everyone has an enjoyable safe night.

+1 on the safe night. Melted candle wax is a pain in the ass to clean up. Don't ask me how I know.
  • burr_baby33
    Options
    She hasen't told me yet.
  • smokesniffer
    Options
    Tenderloin steak and lobster with twice baked potatoes,corn, garlic toast. All done at home. We feel we have a better meal for a way less than what a nice restaurant would charge. We prepare it together, she has her wine, I'll have some tequila, it is a great meal always. 4 more  hours till it happens. Wahoo!
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    The salt block was in pieces? Any idea what happened?
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    The salt block was in pieces? Any idea what happened?

No clue. It was in my bottom cabinet with a cast iron skillet on top (not my doing). When I picked it up a corner fell of. When I set it on counter some other cracks did her in.

If I had to guess it got left in the sink or run under cold water when it was hot and cracked. No telling. It was given to me used by a family member so no clue how may uses it had.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I cooked up dry aged rib-eye, hot tubed at 120F for a couple hours before searing.  Made an herb butter in the SV.  Cooked some home made bacon (the Duroc) for spuds, couple of spuds, 6 lobster tails marinated in mojo sauce (and added a little bacon fat).  And I took a bunch of crappy cell phone pics because I was too lazy to get my SLR from the manbearcave.  So for what it's worth....

PS - everything turned out great!
    Options
    Chubbs said:

Well, went home on my lunch break to get the house ready, table set, and to get out my salt block to cook salmon and shrimp on at the table tonight. It was in about 5 pieces!!

So, change of plans. Looks like I am doing a rack of lamb, grilled asparagus and grilled polenta cakes with tomatoes, basil, and parmesan on top. Got some strawberries to dip in chocolate afterwards.. Hope everyone has an enjoyable safe night.

Dude... That sounds amazing. I'll be right over. Chocolate dipped strawberries on my behalf? You shouldn't have... :\">
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options

I cooked up dry aged rib-eye, hot tubed at 120F for a couple hours before searing.  Made an herb butter in the SV.  Cooked some home made bacon (the Duroc) for spuds, couple of spuds, 6 lobster tails marinated in mojo sauce (and added a little bacon fat).  And I took a bunch of crappy cell phone pics because I was too lazy to get my SLR from the manbearcave.  So for what it's worth....

PS - everything turned out great!

Protein infusion! Nice

Lynnwood WA
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Japanese. Yum. But I was with my beautiful wife and my 2 beautiful daughters. Wonderful.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE