Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best food processer?

I'm torn between the breville and the kitchen aid.

Does anyone have any experience or advice?

Also, it's good to see so many new folks on here. I leave for a month and almost don't recognize anyone. That's a good thing.
Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

Comments

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    I vote kitchen aid... I've had mine for almost 13 years now and it's never failed to do exactly what I needed...

Pretty sure I could feed the thing 3" branches and it wouldn't blink...
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    hapster said:
    I vote kitchen aid... I've had mine for almost 13 years now and it's never failed to do exactly what I needed...

Pretty sure I could feed the thing 3" branches and it wouldn't blink...

Travis, glad to see you back. +1 on kitchen aid. I am sure there is "nicer" brands but the KA has been kicking for 7 years for me. PS- how is the baby? We had ours around sat time if I remember correctly. My son is 7 months now
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    We've got a KA. Mrs. G got it as a wedding present from her first marriage. Not sure she ever used it before she met me. Never had a problem with it.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

500 Posts: 3,177
    I have a Kitchen Aid.  The motor is heavy, and it can run a long time without heating up.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @travisstrick-welcome back.  A few of your Austin area forum members have gone submerged and undetected during your absence (and there weren't any big feuds that I recall)-maybe you can coax them back.  Now back to topic at hand-SWMBO has a KA (for many years) and since it's an inside device I am only allowed to operate under direct supervision:) but it's been extremely reliable-FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    KA
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • I had a KA and sold that to my neighbor. I purchased the Breville. What a diffrence. I highly recommend the Breville. If you sign up for emails from Bed, Bath and Beyond they give you a 20% off discount coupon
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    for the amount of use i get out of one i would go with the cheaper one. mines a ka that was half price when they closed out the ugly blue color
    :)) if it gets used 10 times a year its alot here
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited February 2013
    If money is no object, Robot Coupe is the best($1k). For half the price, the Magimix by Robot Coupe is available. A little lower, the Breville Sous Chef is Recommended by Cooks Illustrated @ $400.However, their Winner is the Cuisinart Custom @ $200. They don't think the Breville's extra bells and whistles are worth the 200 dollar difference. They used to rank the KA Highly Recommended for years, but KA discontinued that model and the new Exact Slice one has issues and is Recommended with Reservations. If you can find model KFP750, this "is still the one to beat"

Update: January 2013

Recently, we evaluated two new food processors: the Breville Sous Chef Food Processor, 16-Cup ($399.99) and the KitchenAid 13-Cup Food Processor with ExactSlice System ($299.95)—which has been updated since we reviewed (and disliked) it previously. We compared them with our current top-rated Cuisinart Custom 14-Cup Food Processor ($199). After running 12 tests (everything from making a double batch of pizza dough to slicing tomatoes), we believe the Cuisinart is still the best choice. It lacks the dazzling attachments and secondary abilities, such as variable slicing thickness, offered by the other two processors, but it performs basic chopping and slicing tasks extremely well, and you can change slicing thickness by buying extra disks.

The Breville performed solidly and efficiently, but we’re not convinced that its extra features are worth an additional $200. Also, the Breville chopped so fast that it was hard not to make a puree when we wanted diced vegetables.

As for the KitchenAid, the newest version has improved. The jar lid no longer sticks, the pulse button starts faster (but is still hard to engage), and the chopping is better. But in almost every task, it lagged behind the Cuisinart and the Breville. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Here is the old KA, just in case......

Product Name

KitchenAid 12-Cup Food Processor

Manufacturer

KitchenAid

Model Number

KFP750

Price

Discontinued

Recommendation Status

Highly Recommended

Testers’ Comments

Still the one to beat. It’s simple to operate, powerful, moderately priced, and offers ample capacity in an intuitive, compact design. The 4-cup mini bowl is essential for small jobs like whipping mayonnaise and mincing herbs. We disliked the dough blade, finding the regular metal blade far more effective.

Bowl capacities

12 and 4 cups

• Eggcelsior, that is exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks.
  • He's good, Chubbs. Thanks for asking. His bday is June 17.