Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonights Dinner: Pic Heavy-- Indian Night

Was off work today so had a poblano stuffed with cream cheese, chorizo, and manchego waiting on SWMBO when she arrived. Then, we had our monthly Indian night. Chicken thighs done raised direct at 400 degree until 165 IT for Chickan Tikki Masala. Little Basmati rice and Egged Naan to accompany. Thanks for looking..
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Interesting Chubbs 8->
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Looks good! I need to try Naan on the egg sometime.. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • You outdid yourself tonight Chubbs
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,050
    Gracious... That looks so gross that you better give the leftovers to me. ;) J/k... That looks phenomenal.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Looks good. Always looking to branch out. I like Chicken Curry, but have only made it once.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Great cook! Naans and chicken look really good. Did you make the CTM on the egg too?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    caliking said:
    Great cook! Naans and chicken look really good. Did you make the CTM on the egg too?

Just the chicken on egg for the CTM. Wife made the sauce and rice inside. It was delicious
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Looks great. How did you do the Naan, direct on grill (no stone)?
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Chubbs
    CPARKTX said:
    Looks great. How did you do the Naan, direct on grill (no stone)?

If you go to YouTube, there is a good recipe from eateastindian. I usually make the naan earlier in the day so I have several pieces readily available when I am ready to cook. Then when ready to eat throw them on the egg for a minute a side to heat back up. This way you can have more than two warm when eating. If you try to make it on the egg in batches before you eat then the first batches are cold unless you have multiple eggs which I do not... Yet. Really easy and good
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    @Chubbs - looks really good. I'm not all that familiar with Indian food or CTM, but I'd give it a taste. So did you cook the chicken all the way through and then just toss in the sauce? And the naan was totally home made? That is awesome!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Chubbs
    Exactly Griff. Check out my last post. If you can make pizza dough, you can make naan. The hardest part is getting the bubbles, but if you push on it with a spoon like she does in the video it works. The two pieces in the pic are the best 2 :\">
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Very nicely done Chubbs!! I dabbled with Indian food before I got my Egg including homemade Naan and it was all excellent. I shall have to work it into the rotation, although the there are so many things you can do on the Egg I don't think I'll ever do everything on my wish list. 

Everything you made looks excellent. You mentioned YouTube for the Naan recipe, but with a monthly Indian night I am wondering if you have a good Indian cookbook you could recommend? Or do you just get recipes from various sources on the web? TIA

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Chubbs
    edited February 2013
    jfm0830 said:
    Very nicely done Chubbs!! I dabbled with Indian food before I got my Egg including homemade Naan and it was all excellent. I shall have to work it into the rotation, although the there are so many things you can do on the Egg I don't think I'll ever do everything on my wish list. 

Everything you made looks excellent. You mentioned YouTube for the Naan recipe, but with a monthly Indian night I am wondering if you have a good Indian cookbook you could recommend? Or do you just get recipes from various sources on the web? TIA

Jim

@jfm0830, check out Julie Sanhi's books. I like her "Introduction to Indian Cooking". My wife lived in NY before we got married and came to love Indian food. When we got married, she passed on her passion for food to me. We took an Indian cooking class in Columbia. It was okay, but still left you with a feeling that Indian cuisine is difficult to achieve. The book I mentioned proves this wrong. We also have a book that goes through Indian street food since it is such a big part of their culture. Great photography, but the recipes are hard to follow. The above book is great. Good luck!