Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How Many Eggs Does It Take...

Comments

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Chubbs said:
    dlk7 said:
    Two XLs work out perfectly for me.  I grill out every night, rain or shine, hot or cold.  Having two allows me to get them started, prep the food, grill, eat , and clean up all under two hours. I use both about 2 days each week when I'm doing different temps or low and slow on one and that night's dinner on the other.

Beautiful setup. Where are you? Scenery looks good too
    Thanks!  Just southeast of Franklin, TN.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Just a medium for me right now but I am wanting to pick up an XL in the near future.
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    I have a large and a small but a mini might be next.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I have two larges, a small and a mini. I had two minis, but sold one. My sister has a large and a small and my 83 year-old Dad has a medium and he loves it.
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Solo large at the moment. Currently going back and forth between adding a mini or a small. Although if I was a betting man, I'd say both will eventually end up part of the family.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684

I have an XL, a Large, and a Medium.  I used to have a mini as well, but that's on loan.

I probably use the Med the most this time of year......and the Large more in the summer.  Not sure why?  The XL only get used when I'm smoking a LOT pulled pork, brisket, turkey, or grilling corn.  I not too impressed with the XL when it comes to grilling as it's hard to get an even temp across the grid.

• LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    edited February 2013

I want to take a moment to thank everyone on this thread... the wife came in and read a few posts, then told me I should also get a small or mini.  Heh.

• RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    LDR said:

I want to take a moment to thank everyone on this thread... the wife came in and read a few posts, then told me I should also get a small or mini.  Heh.

Happy to help!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    caliking said:
    Have a large, but the wheels are turning re: getting a small. The economics of adding a mini instead are hard to ignore though.

Exactly the same here. For right now, the mini makes sense- me, wife, and 7 month old son. In 5 years small makes more sense. Leaning toward mini.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Lowflyer said:
    Large and small here, mini is looking tempting.
    Same with me.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Large, small and a mini here. The mini is seeing a lot more use lately. Worked like a champ through the snowstorm Friday night.
    Mamaroneck
  • EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    One large and one extra large.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • jgdusc
    jgdusc Posts: 22
    2 large and a small. So far so good!
    2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, Stoker Wifi, White Thermapen, Igrill---Gilbert SC
  • A large, a small and a mini.  I love them all,  The large with the AR is the workhorse.  I take both the small and mini on the road.  We just came home from visiting my Mom where I had both the small and the mini loaded with pork chops.  Before I left home, I swiped the High-Que grate out of the large.  I bought some 2.5" stainless bolts, nuts & washers and rigged a second raised grid for the mini.  Good thing too because I needed the extra real estate. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited February 2013
    I've got a large and a small on the way, just gotta go pick it up. Lol, its not even here and I know there will be another in my future. 4 or 5 sound like a good number. I really want an xL too.
    We spend a ton of time at my in laws. Thinking he needs a medium or large. He's not a big cook but when we are there I'm always grilling on his gasser. I've taken my LBGE a few times. Not the most fun trip!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Hanging out with the nasty gasser

XLBGE 
  • Max232
    Max232 Posts: 76
    Xl and medium

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

• Large and a medium.  Thinking about using some tax return money to add a mini or a small.  Probably a mini.......or both.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    I've got a large and a small on the way, just gotta go pick it up. Lol, its not even here and I know there will be another in my future. 4 or 5 sound like a good number. I really want an xL too. We spend a ton of time at my in laws. Thinking he needs a medium or large. He's not a big cook but when we are there I'm always grilling on his gasser. I've taken my LBGE a few times. Not the most fun trip! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Hanging out with the nasty gasser Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    I'm glad to see you have your priorities correct. Egg in the front, air bag protected, wife and kids in the back.  
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    large and a small for us...we use the small more than the large anymore...usually cooking for two....large was bought first but glad we found a small as well....

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Four here.  Two larges a small and a mini.  I would love an XL but I'm running out of room.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Four... 2 large's, Lily and Lulu, 1 small, Shirley, and 1 Mini, Maggie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5hA2tZmO2Q&list=UUd8OXP_tkp28l2eMVZJHBXg&index=19

Spring "One Can Be Not Enough Or Too Many" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• td66snrf said:
    I've got a large and a small on the way, just gotta go pick it up. Lol, its not even here and I know there will be another in my future. 4 or 5 sound like a good number. I really want an xL too. We spend a ton of time at my in laws. Thinking he needs a medium or large. He's not a big cook but when we are there I'm always grilling on his gasser. I've taken my LBGE a few times. Not the most fun trip! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Hanging out with the nasty gasser Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    I'm glad to see you have your priorities correct. Egg in the front, air bag protected, wife and kids in the back.  
    lol

@mycookingnurse

Most of these guys don't even know the half of that story lol. The trip to the inlaws...the wife.... lol

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• @michigan_jason
    Lol I know boss. Same thing I was thinking. It was quiet a journey!

XLBGE 
  • Cool thread.

Two. An xl and a med.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • It took 3 for me. Two large and one small Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

So when you travel over to the in-laws, your wife rides in the back???? ;) Shame on you, JK. You must have a great gal. 
    Large, small, and a mini
  • It took 3 for me. Two large and one small Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Nice looking set up,HMMM maybe I need a third egg, have a large and small. Small is for travelling with. Might need a mini to keep the small company when we are on the road. Just have to figure out how to keep the large from feeling left out.    2 mini's? B-)
    Large, small, and a mini
  • This post makes me feel so inadequate, Only have the one lrg egg but I'm thinking!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • So if I get a mini she can ride up front and hold it??

Lol. Now we ride like this, the egg can do wonders.... But doesn't take care of all my needs.

XLBGE 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    So if I get a mini she can ride up front and hold it?? Lol. Now we ride like this, the egg can do wonders.... But doesn't take care of all my needs.
    I'm just impressed that you travel with your large - that's quite a feat.

I've put the idea of Egg #2 out there (small vs. mini) and SWMBO is mostly in agreement... despite the fact that she realized she might be riding in the back.

But you're right - the Egg doesn't take care of all of my needs either.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.