Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table nest height question?

Options
Hi everyone,

I  was wondering if anybody out there  has a large egg on a table nest could tell me the proper distance from the shelf the egg sits on (On a table nest) to the table top?

I believe the distance is 16" from shelf to tabletop without the table nest.Would 18" be a good height between shelf and top with the egg on a nest,this is assuming the nest would rise the egg up approx 2".

My father in law is going to help me build a table this w/e and I need to figure this out before we start.

thanks.
Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    Not for me hahaha =))

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• AlbertaEgger
    Options

I was just over 15" from my slate base to table top (my hinge just rubs on the table when lid is open so I think 15" would be good) You will have to adjust lower shelf to table top all depending on what you are using for the base under the egg, mine was inset so i built the table according to the slate hight. This also depends on if your egg has feet, I am still looking for feet fro mine so when i have them the table hight should be perfect. I belive you can also get plans somewhere on line, but there was enough table pictures posted to get an idea of what to build. Not sure if this helps you out or not.

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options
    The large nest raises the Egg eggsactly 2".  I just went out and measured mine.
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    joe@bge said:
    The large nest raises the Egg eggsactly 2".  I just went out and measured mine.
    Just what i needed to know.....thanks so much.So the nest rises egg 2" so 18" should work!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).