Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Saturday's pulled pork

Started with a 4.5 lb bonelss boston butt on the right and about 3 lbs of boneless picninc on the left. Injected the night before with strained Italian dressing.  Rubbed with Dizzy Dust.  Smoked with Hickory and Apple at 315 at the grate, indirect, plate setter legs up.  When it hit 165, I put them in an uncovered foil pan with some chicken stock and Lawrys Steak and Chop marinade.  Total cook time was 7 hours.  Let rest for an hour before pulling.  Served it on a hoagie bun with slaw and my mustard sauce.  Doesn't look the best and my presentation leaves alot to be desired but it was very tastey!

Can anyone help me with inserting pics into the body of the thread?  I tried using the picture icon above and nothing happened.  Thanks.

·

Comments

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    looks great nice cook 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,460
    Looks very moist and tasty.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • That picture showing the pulled pork ----  makes me hungery!!  Nice and moist, great udea on the hoagie !!  Looks great!!
    ·
  • KempyKempy Posts: 186
    Nicely done, looks great.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,905
    edited February 2013
    Looks and sounds like a great cook.

I use the direct link for posting pictures from photobucket and just copy it and paste in the insert image button three Icons to the left of the smiley faces. Here is your pork pic using that method. If you have any other questions or want to post it a different way, I can try to help if I can. 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • SPRIGSSPRIGS Posts: 214
    ·
    I'm clueless on  Photobucket.  I don't have any problems with a few other forums posting pics but can't get this figured out.  When I open a pic in my Library on photobucket, what do I copy and paste in the photo icon 3 to the left of the smiley face?  IMG code? direct link?  HTML code? Email and I'm? I'm doing something wrong.  thanks for your help.
    ·
  • I'm fresh out of pulled pork from last weekend and now you taunt me with this great looking pork :)

Looks great!
    ·
    I used the "direct link" for that post above. Just click to copy it and paste the entire link into the Insert image box.. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,249
    What size were they? Looks great.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    ·
    Solson005 said:
    I used the "direct link" for that post above. Just click to copy it and paste the entire link into the Insert image box.. 

Thanks!  Got it, finally!!!  Ha.

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,196
    Nice!! Love the pulled pork nachos idea!
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
    Looks awesome! =D>

Happy to help
    ·