Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Chicken Thighs and a confession (pics)

NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,011
edited February 2013 in Poultry

Our dinner the other night was quick, easy, and delicious -- Boneless skinless chicken thighs, cooked raised direct.

I washed & dried the thighs, sprinkled them with Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning, and tossed them on:

BBQ Chicken Thighs

After several minutes I flipped them:

BBQ Chicken Thighs

BBQ Chicken Thighs

When I saw the juices running clear, I mopped on Sticky Fingers Caroline Classic sauce:

BBQ Chicken Thighs
BBQ Chicken Thighs

Flipped and sauced the other side:

BBQ Chicken Thighs

And then I closed the cooker up and let them dwell for about 5 minutes (or however long it took me to set the table and get another beer).

They were super!

BBQ Chicken Thighs

Really juicy and I loved the creole seasoning with the mustard BBQ sauce:

BBQ Chicken Thighs

I know I was lazy and a bad food blogger for not making my own sauce/rub, but after a long day at work this was exactly what I needed -- quick & easy.

Temp? Ummm, well, here is the confession part. I don't have any idea.

Broken

It reads the same whether it's cold or 1000F. I need to fix this, I know how, but I haven't. I've been cooking "blind" for many months now.

Whew! Glad I got that off my chest... ;)
I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 

Comments